;

Poll

Is Testmasters Lsat prep worth it?

yes
 0 (0%)
no
 4 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Lsat- Testmasters?  (Read 2131 times)

persiangirl15

• View Profile
Lsat- Testmasters?
« on: February 20, 2012, 08:09:18 PM »
Im a sophomore in college and I am planning to take the Lsat this summer. I am a really bad test- taker and I am hoping that does not affect my Lsat score. I researched on different Lsat prep courses, I've known about Kaplan and was interested at first, but then I came across Testmasters. Has anybody taken a testmasters course? if yes, could you tell me your score increase? Is Testmasters worth it?

All answers would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: Lsat- Testmasters?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 08:54:11 PM »
june test be hardest ever.

KarmaGo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 02:47:43 AM »
Do you have to take the LSAT this summer? Why not wait until your junior year when most people take it? Plus you'll have more time to prepare.

persiangirl15

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 03:42:06 PM »
Well, I want to take it this summer so that I have enough time to retake it again if need to. If I wait until next summer, then I can only take the Lsat once  before I have to start applying to Law schools.

IClawstud

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 12:19:23 PM »
I took the Testmasters class and raised my cold score of 142 to a test day 157. I was actually scoring in the mid 160's for a while before test day.
I was extremely satisfied with their class, I wouldn't recommend taking any other class. In fact they are the only class I know of that purchases actual LSAT questions for practice. Other companies just create their own questions that are similar to the LSAT questions. This might sound insignificant but I thought that was important for a test like the LSAT. Just be prepared for a class that is really going to challenge you. Also remember even with classes, raising your score on the LSAT is all about how hard you work.

Best of luck

Micdiddy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 05:50:33 PM »
I am also studying for the June LSATs and have ordered to of testmasters Powerscore Bibles on Amazon (the ones on Games and Logical Reasoning).
I feel that a commitment to studying on my own will be sufficient to get a good LSAT score, but if I am not scoring in the mid 170's by May I will probably take a weekend course of theirs.

I will let you know how I like the books! I hear they're the best.

KapTeacherBobby

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 07:56:42 PM »
Hi persiangirl15,

I am a Kaplan teacher, and have been for 7 years.  I can't really comment on Testmasters however, I can assure you that Kaplan uses only actual LSAT questions.  In fact, when you sign up for a Kaplan LSAT course product, you will have access to every single LSAT in multiple formats.  In your online syllabus, you will have all the tests together with all explanations.  In addition to this, we break down some tests into 35 minute sections to practice timing.  Other tests we break down right to question type in Logical Reasoning (assumption, inference, parallel reasoning, etc), game type (sequencing, matching, etc) and passage type so that you can practice mastery of different question formats by targetting them.  Since I work for Kaplan, clearly I'm biased but when choosing a prep course, you want to think about what you want.  If you like to work on your own, you can take an on-demand course with us.  If you benefit from a classroom environment, you can take an on-site class.  We also have live online classes.  Since Kaplan is the biggest (and oldest) test prep company, we are able to devote tremendous resources towards deconstructing the test, and creating a course based on sound pedagogical principles.

Good luck with your LSAT journey!