yes
0 (0%)
no
4 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Lsat- Testmasters?

Lsat- Testmasters?
« on: February 20, 2012, 06:09:18 PM »
Im a sophomore in college and I am planning to take the Lsat this summer. I am a really bad test- taker and I am hoping that does not affect my Lsat score. I researched on different Lsat prep courses, I've known about Kaplan and was interested at first, but then I came across Testmasters. Has anybody taken a testmasters course? if yes, could you tell me your score increase? Is Testmasters worth it?

All answers would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: Lsat- Testmasters?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 06:54:11 PM »
june test be hardest ever.

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 12:47:43 AM »
Do you have to take the LSAT this summer? Why not wait until your junior year when most people take it? Plus you'll have more time to prepare.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 01:42:06 PM »
Well, I want to take it this summer so that I have enough time to retake it again if need to. If I wait until next summer, then I can only take the Lsat once  before I have to start applying to Law schools.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 10:19:23 AM »
I took the Testmasters class and raised my cold score of 142 to a test day 157. I was actually scoring in the mid 160's for a while before test day.
I was extremely satisfied with their class, I wouldn't recommend taking any other class. In fact they are the only class I know of that purchases actual LSAT questions for practice. Other companies just create their own questions that are similar to the LSAT questions. This might sound insignificant but I thought that was important for a test like the LSAT. Just be prepared for a class that is really going to challenge you. Also remember even with classes, raising your score on the LSAT is all about how hard you work.

Best of luck

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 03:50:33 PM »
I am also studying for the June LSATs and have ordered to of testmasters Powerscore Bibles on Amazon (the ones on Games and Logical Reasoning).
I feel that a commitment to studying on my own will be sufficient to get a good LSAT score, but if I am not scoring in the mid 170's by May I will probably take a weekend course of theirs.

I will let you know how I like the books! I hear they're the best.