Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is getting a law degree worth it if you work in a government agency?  (Read 3657 times)

ipscientific

• View Profile
Re: Is getting a law degree worth it if you work in a government agency?
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 10:47:42 PM »
It dosn't have to make sense. Lots of people do it an ABA schools all the time.
MD not as much. Different worlds, different people.

A lot of people go to law school after a coin toss between it an MBA, and often don't really need either.

Other examples include people who want to be politicians, climb up in corporations, etc.

Ask yourself this to help it make more sense: Why would anyone bother with a joint JD/MBA if people only wanted the minimum? More on point to the question you asked why bother to get a joint JD/MD (many do) afterall you are not going to be doing both with that degree.
Yet, life goes on.

LincolnLover that is an awesome picture in your profile. Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard and does not have a degree. What do you think of him?

LincolnLover

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 11:13:32 PM »

A lot of people go to law school after a coin toss between it an MBA, and often don't really need either.

Other examples include people who want to be politicians, climb up in corporations, etc.

Ask yourself this to help it make more sense: Why would anyone bother with a joint JD/MBA if people only wanted the minimum? More on point to the question you asked why bother to get a joint JD/MD (many do) afterall you are not going to be doing both with that degree.
Yet, life goes on.

LincolnLover that is an awesome picture in your profile. Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard and does not have a degree. What do you think of him?

I think of him as a mathmatical anomaly. People use comparisons like that all the time. In reality that is the same idea as comparing the mega millions lottery winner to the average person. It could happen, it just won't. And besides Gates went to school to get somewhere then dropped when he was ready to start his dream company, not even close to the idea of working for others and hoping they will see how you are somehow better than those more qualified than you. Apples to Organes at best.

ipscientific

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 11:33:48 PM »

Yet, life goes on.

I think of him as a mathmatical anomaly. People use comparisons like that all the time. In reality that is the same idea as comparing the mega millions lottery winner to the average person. It could happen, it just won't. And besides Gates went to school to get somewhere then dropped when he was ready to start his dream company, not even close to the idea of working for others and hoping they will see how you are somehow better than those more qualified than you. Apples to Organes at best.

It wasn't like he won the lottery. He applied his knowledge. The lottery is all luck.

LincolnLover

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 11:34:26 PM »
I know. Read the rest of what I wrote.

ipscientific

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 12:03:54 AM »
Right. Back to this guys post. Is getting a law degree worth it if you work in a government agency?

I don't think it would be unless their are attorneys that work within his agency and he wants to apply and I wouldn't choose Novus.

I know. Read the rest of what I wrote.

furcifer

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 12:08:57 AM »
He never asked about Novus. That was someone else's side tangent.

ipscientific

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 12:12:35 AM »
You guys get mad serious on these boards. Is it really that serious to you? I'm not into analyzing every little thing on these boards. I'm just killing time. I thought he said Novus. Oh well he didn't.

He never asked about Novus. That was someone else's side tangent.

furcifer

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 12:20:17 AM »
They have a word for that, it's called flame or troll.

If you don't think law school is serious go to trade school and drive truck for Walmart.

ipscientific

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 11:37:20 PM »
They have a word for that, it's called flame or troll.

If you don't think law school is serious go to trade school and drive truck for Walmart.

What Law School do you go to?

sollicitus

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2012, 03:44:37 PM »
Perhaps you don't know what "guest" means on this board. Why waste your time asking questions to the dead?