Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is UDC worth it???  (Read 1713 times)

darryldaniels11

• View Profile
Is UDC worth it???
« on: February 01, 2012, 01:45:52 PM »
I recently been accepted to UDC as well as other schools in my hometown.  Can anyone(current or alum) comment on the quality of the education, job prospects(outside of the courtroom), and the living situation.  I heard that the Metro DC area is VERY expensive.  How hard is it to find a livable, quiet, and affordable apartment???

haus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Is UDC worth it???
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 12:24:13 AM »
I am not now nor have I been a student at UDC.

But I have lived and worked in the DC area for the last 15 years. Yes, cost of living is quite high compared to many parts of the country, and that is something that anyone considering going to UDC should consider. As for if the school is "worth it", I guess it would depend mostly on the student.

On the down side, there are no shortage of Law Schools in the greater DC area (Georgtown, GW, GMU, American, Howard, CU) arguably each of these other schools have bigger more reconizable names, and as a graduate you need to be aware that you may find yourself fighting to get out of the shadow of these other schools.

On the bright side, this school, even for those who are paying full freight, non-resident tuition, is the most affordable law program in the region. The campus is accessiable bia a reasonably good transit system (the Metro), which increases the flexiablity in gaining access to various city resources (and for those with an interest in the law, you can do far worse than DC for a city to emerse yourself into the study of law).

Good luck with whatever path you should choose.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Is UDC worth it???
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 05:51:17 AM »
A huh? factor- if DC is your hometown, then you should know how expensive it is to live there. What do you mean by job prospects outside of the courtroom?

If you were accepted to other schools in your hometown, then the living situation is the same for you regardless.  And why would you even be considering UDC?  Two completely separate classes of schools.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."