Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Southwestern vs. Chapman  (Read 1239 times)

IClawstud

• View Profile
Southwestern vs. Chapman
« on: January 24, 2012, 11:27:44 PM »
So I recently found out that I got into both Chapman and Southwestern and I am heavily considering both. It is a very tough decision for me to pick between the two. Does anyone have any good advice?

taxguy

• View Profile
Re: Southwestern vs. Chapman
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 11:18:21 AM »
You won't like my answer. Retake the LSAT and don't go to either. You should be shooting for a top 20 law school.

IClawstud

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 06:18:00 PM »
What a unique and great idea. I am going to retake the LSAT this February. Oh damn that means I only have three weeks to prepare and thats if any top 20 schools will even accept a February LSAT. But I am sure this time I will get above 170.  ;)

taxguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 01:45:31 PM »
Sarcasm noted. However, who says that you should absolutely go to law school this year. This way, you would have a LOT more time to study and raise your score. Both schools have poor job placement. Is it worth 160K for poor job placement? Your call!

IClawstud

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 06:42:32 PM »
It has nothing to do with anything other than me wanting to do pursue something that I enjoy. If I took a year off I would be making no money. And it's an investment it is not a waste of money. Assuming you, well I, (because you probably couldn't handle law school TAXguy) will be a lawyer for 30 years. I would definitely say that it is an investment I am willing to make for $160k.

So if you wouldn't mind many people would appreciate it if you keep your valueless comments to yourself.

taxguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 07:23:56 PM »
Sorry , you didn't appreciate my comments. By the way, I am an attorney and have owned my own firm for many years.  I have also taught at both law schools and at business schools. However, despite your nasty response,  I wish you well in your endeavor.

jstallings1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 06:59:53 PM »
I agree with taxman, but if you're dead set on one of the two then visit the campuses.  Southwestern is strictly a law school and is much smaller and more intimate.  Chapman law is part of a much larger campus and has a better college feel.  Neither have particularly good job placement nor are they terribly far apart from each other in terms of ranking.  Southwestern's building is really beautiful but I've heard bad things about the impossibility of trying to network out from it.