Deciding Where to Go > Reviews, Visits, and Rankings

Cooley Review

<< < (2/4) > >>

LincolnLover:
Is it true that a third of the class transfers out first year? Many of your classmates talking about trying to do that? You one of them or plan to stay the whole degree?

Lawguy86:
I'm definitely staying. I'd prefer not to accumulate more debt by going somewhere that might be "better ranked" but would cost more. Every school in Michigan with maybe an exception for Wayne State (in detroit) is more expensive for tuition.

I know there were a few students that cheated on exams first term who aren't with us now, but most are still here and plan on staying. Transferring is something a minority of students do, and once you get started you won't want to go through all the hassle of the whole transfer process (applying,waiting, proving yourself again).

Instead of trying to move up to another school I plan on working harder where I'm at and developing my legal experience more.

But to directly answer your question, I would not say 1/3 transfer out no. Maybe 10%, and a few others might leave for academic or personal reasons.

LincolnLover:
when you say cheated, so do you mean cheated so well they could transfer out, or cheated and got sent the boot? How'd they get caught? Aren't lawschool exams mostly open book?

Lawguy86:

--- Quote from: LincolnLover on January 23, 2012, 02:48:59 PM ---when you say cheated, so do you mean cheated so well they could transfer out, or cheated and got sent the boot? How'd they get caught? Aren't lawschool exams mostly open book?

--- End quote ---

cheated as in the literal sense, like not taking the exam from memory and being sent home. I don't know how they were caught, not in my section. And exams at Cooley are mostly closed book, all first year exams for sure that I'm aware of.

LincolnLover:
Wow. Crazy stuff. Were you there when they got busted? Did they cry, kick, and drag their feet? :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version