Law Students > Online Law Schools

Limited Licenses

<< < (2/7) > >>

In all fairness what you may be thinking of is a Tax Court Practioner which is not an attorney even if they have a so called JD:

One call also perform lawyer like functions as a Social Security Advocate and Veterans Advocate but that will not make one a lawyer.

I think - and may be wrong - that you can also perform some immigration functions in a few states, but I don't have the time to look it up at the moment.

Yes immigration consultants, California requires them to have a sort of registration and bonding.

No JD required for that - it is essentially filling out forms.

I wonder if that's what he meant by "limited license". It would have helped if he had described what he thought it meant before asking if existed.


[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version