Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Have my JD, NOW WHAT......  (Read 1237 times)

crazylawstudent

• View Profile
Have my JD, NOW WHAT......
« on: January 18, 2012, 03:15:57 PM »
Hello!

Can anyone help me? I have my JD, and I have tried 4 times to take the bar exam I failed.

I am willing to take any specialization exam or if there is a substitute bar exam, or anything else thats available. I dont want to be a court lawyer, just wanna work in a corporation and review contracts, etc.

is there any other exam i can take to work in that type of field?

Please help!

LincolnLover

Re: Have my JD, NOW WHAT......
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 07:17:07 PM »
What state are you in, have you thought about trying an "easier" state bar? (some states have higher pass rates)
Have you tried a commercial bar prep course yet?
What was your undergrad degree in?

Hello!

Can anyone help me? I have my JD, and I have tried 4 times to take the bar exam I failed.

I am willing to take any specialization exam or if there is a substitute bar exam, or anything else thats available. I dont want to be a court lawyer, just wanna work in a corporation and review contracts, etc.

is there any other exam i can take to work in that type of field?

Please help!

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 07:26:08 AM »
I dont want to be a court lawyer, just wanna work in a corporation and review contracts, etc.

Do you want to just look through the contracts and tab certain sections (as in document review), or, do you want to review the contracts, interpret it for the corporation, and maybe give an opinion based upon the contract?

LincolnLover

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 02:53:22 PM »
John's right, it sounds like what you want to do might be just paralegal work. No license required what so ever.

I dont want to be a court lawyer, just wanna work in a corporation and review contracts, etc.

Do you want to just look through the contracts and tab certain sections (as in document review), or, do you want to review the contracts, interpret it for the corporation, and maybe give an opinion based upon the contract?