Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Kill All the Law Schools  (Read 1763 times)

jonlevy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kill All the Law Schools
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 08:00:49 PM »
They said the same about the USSR, remember them?

LincolnLover

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 07:12:53 PM »
Well at least we didn't use Hitler as a refernce, but are you really trying to compare the ABA to the USSR?
How do you figure the link there?

Ice also melts in the sun, dosn't make it mean anything about walnuts.

They said the same about the USSR, remember them?

MissMelissRoths03

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 12:27:20 PM »
Here's an article discussing why legal fees are so high. Lifting the restrictions on the bar exam will only make entry into the industry easier. This would increase the number of lawyers available to clients. Lawyers with a graduate degree will be more highly regarded and still expensive.

Morten Lund

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 06:52:42 PM »
I absolutely oppose any apprenticeship requirement.  When that is implemented, only children of lawyers will be able to become lawyers.

That's an interesting observation.  I usually find myself favoring an apprenticeship/internship requirement, but it certainly would not do to institutionalize legacy-ism in the legal profession.  On the other hand, the medical profession does quite well with an internship requirement, and I don't believe there is any particular concern about nepotism there.  Could we not copy the medical model?

As to the original question, I would suggest that adding more lawyers would not reduce legal fees one bit.  The only result would be more out of work lawyers and more ex-lawyers.