Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hi can anyone out there answer a question I have re:Novus Law School-FEES  (Read 2096 times)

barrylaw777

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi,
I'm working in Alternative Dispute Resolution/Mediation, and I'm thinking of enrolling at Novus Law School to pursue a law degree. In my state, you need (minimum) a J.D.  to facilitate settlement confrerences with the District Courts in my state. I looked at NLS's fee structure, and they seem to be,"Fee Freaks!" Has anyone out there taken any courses from NLS?  Any information, and guidance you can send me about this school would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

barrylaw

jonlevy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Expect to pay quite a bit for your shiny diploma mill JD considering it is recognized by no one as a JD. I am sure your prospective employer will be impressed with your ingenuity however.

LincolnLover

Really another Novus thread? Ok, I'll bite.

What state are you in?
What makes you think that a non accredited JD "degree" will be enough to sit their bar?
Have you tried to contact your state bar to ask (with a link to Novus in the email) ?

LincolnLover

http://www.lawschoolbible.com
If you want to find all the legal loopholes for all the states(and non states) in the Union, spend your money on a book like the one in the link given, not on Novus.

jonlevy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Actually I think these posts are a form of spam by Novus - it operates under the theory that any mention, even  key words "Novus" and "scam" help improve the search engine ranking.  I won a case against an Internet scammer who used the tag - "John  Doe (not the real name) is a scam" as a way to attract hits, he would then attempt to convert those hits to sales and often did.

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Mid-Atlantic School of Law is similar to Novus and it's only 100.00 per module.
Angie

LincolnLover

per module. So still a giant scam. Why give them free advertising/search results too?

The Mid-Atlantic School of Law is similar to Novus and it's only 100.00 per module.

ipscientific

• View Profile
Hi,
I'm working in Alternative Dispute Resolution/Mediation, and I'm thinking of enrolling at Novus Law School to pursue a law degree. In my state, you need (minimum) a J.D.  to facilitate settlement confrerences with the District Courts in my state. I looked at NLS's fee structure, and they seem to be,"Fee Freaks!" Has anyone out there taken any courses from NLS?  Any information, and guidance you can send me about this school would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

barrylaw

A real college will have .edu in their url and will not use dashes. It is very unprofessional. Try Taft or Concord.

LincolnLover

Not always true. I have seen many DETC schools that end in .org or .com
If you are basing it on address alone, you are not doing any research worth mentioning.

Hi,
Thanks!

barrylaw

A real college will have .edu in their url and will not use dashes. It is very unprofessional. Try Taft or Concord.

ipscientific

• View Profile
Re: Hi can anyone out there answer a question I have re:Novus Law School-FEES
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 03:11:19 PM »
Obtaining an .edu is a process that not just anyone can get. Look it up. I'm not the expert on DETC.

Not always true. I have seen many DETC schools that end in .org or .com
If you are basing it on address alone, you are not doing any research worth mentioning.

Hi,
Thanks!

barrylaw