Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hi can anyone out there answer a question I have re:Novus Law School-FEES  (Read 2079 times)

LincolnLover

Re: Hi can anyone out there answer a question I have re:Novus Law School-FEES
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 05:17:07 PM »
That dosn't negate the fact that not everyone who qualifies for one dosn't have to get one.

Obtaining an .edu is a process that not just anyone can get. Look it up. I'm not the expert on DETC.

Not always true. I have seen many DETC schools that end in .org or .com
If you are basing it on address alone, you are not doing any research worth mentioning.

Hi,
I'm working in Alternative Dispute Resolution/Mediation, and I'm thinking of enrolling at Novus Law School to pursue a law degree. In my state, you need (minimum) a J.D.  to facilitate settlement confrerences with the District Courts in my state. I looked at NLS's fee structure, and they seem to be,"Fee Freaks!" Has anyone out there taken any courses from NLS?  Any information, and guidance you can send me about this school would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

barrylaw

A real college will have .edu in their url and will not use dashes. It is very unprofessional. Try Taft or Concord.

ipscientific

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 10:49:03 PM »
If they care about their image and branding, a real university will get the edu otherwise it is a bad decision.

That dosn't negate the fact that not everyone who qualifies for one dosn't have to get one.

Obtaining an .edu is a process that not just anyone can get. Look it up. I'm not the expert on DETC.

If you are basing it on address alone, you are not doing any research worth mentioning.

Hi,
I'm working in Alternative Dispute Resolution/Mediation, and I'm thinking of enrolling at Novus Law School to pursue a law degree. In my state, you need (minimum) a J.D.  to facilitate settlement confrerences with the District Courts in my state. I looked at NLS's fee structure, and they seem to be,"Fee Freaks!" Has anyone out there taken any courses from NLS?  Any information, and guidance you can send me about this school would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

barrylaw

A real college will have .edu in their url and will not use dashes. It is very unprofessional. Try Taft or Concord.

LincolnLover

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 11:09:01 PM »
ok, but that has to do more with marketing than it does about any value the school may or may not have. Seperate issues.
Resterants who want repeat business should have  big breasted waitresses, dosn't mean oliveoliver dosn't bring tastier food.

If they care about their image and branding, a real university will get the edu otherwise it is a bad decision.

Hi,
Thanks!

barrylaw

ipscientific

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 11:36:14 PM »
If you are an official university you will get a .edu domain name. This is a fact.

Strip clubs would have big breasted women not a restaurant.

ok, but that has to do more with marketing than it does about any value the school may or may not have. Seperate issues.
Resterants who want repeat business should have  big breasted waitresses, dosn't mean oliveoliver dosn't bring tastier food.

Hi,
Thanks!

barrylaw

LincolnLover

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 11:39:32 PM »
Be proud you are living proof that marketing works.

Oh, and I like my resterants better than yours. Yours suck.

quote author=ipscientific link=topic=4026726.msg5398697#msg5398697 date=1329194174]
If you are an official university you will get a .edu domain name. This is a fact.

Hi,
Thanks!

barrylaw

[/quote]

ipscientific

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 12:00:25 AM »
Marketing for what?

I don't know how Novus has an edu domain name when they are not accredited.

Be proud you are living proof that marketing works.

Oh, and I like my resterants better than yours. Yours suck.

quote author=ipscientific link=topic=4026726.msg5398697#msg5398697 date=1329194174]

Hi,
Thanks!

barrylaw

[/quote]

furcifer

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 12:11:40 AM »
All of this is beyond easy. If they were accredited they would say so. Email them and ask if you want a good laugh.

ipscientific

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 12:14:48 AM »
It was the .edu that stuck out to me. I don't know how they got it.

All of this is beyond easy. If they were accredited they would say so. Email them and ask if you want a good laugh.

furcifer

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 12:18:09 AM »

Apparently it's not as hard to get as you thought.

ipscientific

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 11:39:38 PM »

Apparently it's not as hard to get as you thought.

They were most likely grandfathered in. There are a ton of requirements now.