LSAT (Law School Admissions Test) > Studying for the LSAT

best lsat prep materials

(1/2) > >>

SillyValleyEngineer:
hello all.  i am writing to find out which lsat prep materials are most effective.  i used powerscore and manhattan for gre and gmat prep and did very well on those exams.  are those companies also good sources for lsat prep material?  if not, what are the most effective?

IClawstud:
I have heard good things about powerscore. I heard that one of the founders of Testmasters left with the material he had from testmasters to start powerscore. I took test masters and loved it so I would assume powerscore is similar.

HYSHopeful:

The BEST LSAT Prep Books 2013The LSAT Logic Games Bible is the best LSAT prep book for Logic GamesThe LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible is the best LSAT prep book for Logical ReasoningThe LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible is the best LSAT prep book for Reading ComprehensionThe Official LSAT Superprep is the best and only LSAT prep book w/ explanations written by LSAC, the people who write the examThe Official LSAT Handbook  is the best LSAT prep book for beginners just getting started on the LSAT, also written by LSACYou will also need plenty of Actual, Official LSAT preptests:
The Official LSAT PrepTest 68
The Official LSAT PrepTest 67
The Official LSAT PrepTest 66
The Official LSAT PrepTest 65
The Official LSAT Preptest 64
The Official LSAT Preptest 63
The Official LSAT PrepTest 62
10 New Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests (52-61)
The Next 10 Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests (29-38)
10 More Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests (19-28)
10 Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests (7, 9-16, 18)Take a look at http://lawschooli.com/lsat-prep-books-self-study/ for a full list of the best LSAT prep books to self-study for the LSAT.

In general, powerscore has the best prep materials on the market. LSAC also has a few "must-have" books as well. I'd avoid most of the rest of the material published (e.g., Kaplan, Princeton Review, etc.).

New for 2013: I am eager to see The Blueprint for LSAT Logic Games which was just published in 2013. Until I get a chance to review a copy, I can't offer any advice on whether or not to buy it, but I will say that I have high hopes.

Micdiddy:
As a supplement to any test prep book you get I think purchasing LSAC's 10 actual preptests (and then the 10 NEW ones and the ones with comparative reading) is invaluable to true test preparation.
Since they are the closest thing to the actual test you can get your hands on, you can go through them as if you're taking the real test 10 times. The only problem is they do not provide reasons for the right answers, but most of the time I am able to work out where I went wrong and if I cannot I can ask for help (like I did in another topic in this forum, though people seem reluctant to respond).

Henri_Allen:

--- Quote from: Micdiddy on March 16, 2012, 05:55:23 PM ---As a supplement to any test prep book you get I think purchasing LSAC's 10 actual preptests (and then the 10 NEW ones and the ones with comparative reading) is invaluable to true test preparation.
Since they are the closest thing to the actual test you can get your hands on, you can go through them as if you're taking the real test 10 times. The only problem is they do not provide reasons for the right answers, but most of the time I am able to work out where I went wrong and if I cannot I can ask for help (like I did in another topic in this forum, though people seem reluctant to respond).

--- End quote ---

I noticed the same thing when I was studying for the LSAT. Many of the practice tests would give you the correct answers, but wouldn't actually tell you why that particular conclusion was correct. Very frustrating for questions that are a bit more ambiguous or could logically have multiple correct answers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version