Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chances  (Read 1003 times)

leahgram

• View Profile
    • Email
Chances
« on: January 05, 2012, 07:16:07 PM »
I am new to this board and am not 100% sure where to post this so if this is not the right place I am sorry. I am a first semester sophomore at Appalachian State University in NC. I transferred in 21 hours from high school so I am trying to graduate in three years instead of four. This first semester college life got in the way and I let two of my grades slip. BAD. I made 2 A- 1 A 1 B and 1 D. I am taking the D course over again and to the best of my understanding law school will the the average grade that I make in that course once I retake it. I am determined to do better. I already have an internship lined up with the District attorney this summer and plan to take an LSAT prep course next year. If I get on the ball and do well on my other classes and do a WONDERFUL job on my LSAT what are the chances that I can get into U of Michigan at Ann-Arbor. That is where I really want to go and I would hate to know that I blew it in a single semester. Will the one bad grade kill me. Hopefully I can get an A in it this semester therefore Law schools will see either a B or a C. If I do not make another C will it kill my chances at U of M with 1 C. Also do any of you know if it is true that the law schools average the grade if you retake a course? Thanks for any help you can give me. Did any of you get into U of M with a few bad grades?