Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Who will win 2012 presidential election?

Paul
 2 (10.5%)
Romney
 5 (26.3%)
Obama
 10 (52.6%)
Gingrich
 0 (0%)
Nader
 2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Who will win 2012 presidential election?  (Read 7413 times)

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Who will win 2012 presidential election?
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2012, 08:59:09 AM »
Ha, poor poor guy
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2012, 03:44:40 PM »
he probably also has paper route.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2012, 12:00:25 AM »
Heck, who doesn't?
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2012, 07:27:31 AM »
the mittster.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2012, 12:17:11 PM »
Billy Madison is based on a true story?

winchester buttre

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2012, 02:34:15 PM »
Poor guy, all most people can remember of him is an excited scream. What;s he doing now?

He stepped down as DNC chairman and then organized the 2010 "shellacking" behind the scenes.  Unfortunately, Dean has gone the Palin route as a news entertainment commentator.

winchester buttre

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2012, 02:42:54 PM »
Looks like Rubio has fallen into second place behind Democrat Condi Rice for the v.p. slot.
It probably won't happen though, as the Democrats would be mentioning g.w.b as much as possible.  Ironically, the fact that Obama totally embraced  g.w.b. U.S. defense policies since he took office is never mentioned by either party.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2012, 04:36:06 PM »
The way of Palin? That's pretty harsh.

That's the first I've heard of Condi even being considered, even now the Bush connection is politically too dangerous.  Rubio, 1) said he doesn't want it and 2) actually polls badly in FL (which makes me chuckle a little).  McDonnell or Portsman (I think that's his name, the OH guy) are probably the most likely at this point.

I feel for the repubs- the way things are structured in the electorate now, moderates are alienated and repub candidates are forced to make strong conservative alliances to appeal to a minority, but essential group of voters thus freaking out moderate voters who are needed in a general.  They have a self defeating set up.  We'll see if Romney can shift smoothly and fast enough from conservative to moderate. McCain, incidentally, shifted too strong and too fast to appease the right wingers, but freaked out the mods. Opps. 

winchester buttre

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2012, 06:06:56 PM »
The way of Palin? That's pretty harsh.

That's the first I've heard of Condi even being considered, even now the Bush connection is politically too dangerous.  Rubio, 1) said he doesn't want it and 2) actually polls badly in FL (which makes me chuckle a little).  McDonnell or Portsman (I think that's his name, the OH guy) are probably the most likely at this point.

I feel for the repubs- the way things are structured in the electorate now, moderates are alienated and repub candidates are forced to make strong conservative alliances to appeal to a minority, but essential group of voters thus freaking out moderate voters who are needed in a general.  They have a self defeating set up.  We'll see if Romney can shift smoothly and fast enough from conservative to moderate. McCain, incidentally, shifted too strong and too fast to appease the right wingers, but freaked out the mods. Opps.

That's not harsh; its the truth: Huckabee, Palin and Dean are all shills now for entertainment news.
I think Moderate Conservatives and Independent Conservatives already think of Romney as a Moderate no matter how much he tried to wear the far-right and Tea Party hat.  It's his business instincts and business background that is key.  Moderates and Independents see through the media hype.  Right wingers and most Teabaggers do not want Obama running the show and will come out in full force anyway.  So, bottom line--close election.

Rubio is not totally out and what about that female vote?   Could be a female politician selected from a swing state, too.