Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Who will win 2012 presidential election?

Paul
 2 (10.5%)
Romney
 5 (26.3%)
Obama
 10 (52.6%)
Gingrich
 0 (0%)
Nader
 2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Who will win 2012 presidential election?  (Read 7625 times)

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: Who will win 2012 presidential election?
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2012, 07:47:28 PM »
he probably born in france or something.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2012, 02:06:33 PM »
....it's fun to watch msnbc these days without that tool Keith olberman....less bias.
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2012, 02:18:57 PM »
I kind of liked Olberman for his wit, but I know what you mean Blue.  Sadly, MSNBC has gotten almost as bad as Fox News, they are still pretty biased.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »
I kind of liked Olberman for his wit, but I know what you mean Blue.  Sadly, MSNBC has gotten almost as bad as Fox News, they are still pretty biased.

True that....but for pure news entertainment aye like rachal maddow....she has some crazy theories on events almost as fun to watch as o'rielly.

Both fox and msnbc news are tragically biased....

Olberman was beaten down by bush....he is one of the casualties of the bush administrations resolve...no matter what olberman said or did it didn't get through bush's "media proof" veneer.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2012, 02:38:13 PM »
Maddow may be the most witty person I have ever seen.  I watch her for her insanely impressive rhetoric and intellect.

I would love to see Maddow and O'rielly debate, both are equally biased, but Maddow is massively more impressive on the wit and rhetoric factor that Bill- I have laughed more than once watching him squirm solely because his counterpart disagreed, not because a good argument was presented- even Letterman outmaneuvered him, that says a lot.

Olberman is with Al Gore's network now, I think.  Its probably just as biased as Fox. 

I don't see your Bush victory argument.  Bush's blunders were Olberman's bread and butter.  If Kieth was even on Bush's radar, which he probably wasn't, I can't see how Bush "won" anything.  He's being demonized presently, sometimes justly, sometimes unjustly by more than just Olberman.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2012, 02:57:38 PM »
Maddow may be the most witty person I have ever seen.  I watch her for her insanely impressive rhetoric and intellect.

I would love to see Maddow and O'rielly debate, both are equally biased, but Maddow is massively more impressive on the wit and rhetoric factor that Bill- I have laughed more than once watching him squirm solely because his counterpart disagreed, not because a good argument was presented- even Letterman outmaneuvered him, that says a lot.

Olberman is with Al Gore's network now, I think.  Its probably just as biased as Fox. 

I don't see your Bush victory argument.  Bush's blunders were Olberman's bread and butter.  If Kieth was even on Bush's radar, which he probably wasn't, I can't see how Bush "won" anything.  He's being demonized presently, sometimes justly, sometimes unjustly by more than just Olberman.

...on trying to get bush removed or prosecuted...serious issues...bush media proof facade never was broken...olberman tried...just floundered in the end...even trying to keep it going after bush left office with the water boarding issues...No Woodward and Bernstein here.

The media never touched bush...he did everything he wanted....bush wrangled and swaggered unaffected by the media...to liberals chagrin...particularly olbermann.

It's not a victory...just stronger resolve which turned the critics into ineffectual hecklers...

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2012, 05:11:06 PM »
Huh? Bush was a bad President precisely BECAUSE he didn't care about the positions of anyone else- its not an endearing quality.

Olberman was just a pundit using the contemporary issues to up his voice and airtime.  I think you maybe overestimating his importance.

Underestimating the problems of having a leader who doesn't care about anyone his people must interact with or even his own people?  Idk, you decide, but I'd rather go to Europe without having to tell people I'm Canadian so they won't kill me, because my leader pisses on everyone at will without concern or abatement.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2012, 12:13:53 AM »
Aye've travelled much... Europe a few times and never had a problem in even in the far east...most individuals can separate the traveller from the travellers government...

Bush being a "bad" president is a matter of opinion.... Many thought nixon was a bad president but he did open up china to the USA...so while a president may be liked for one reason he may be disliked for another reason....

The point aye was trying to make is that a news entertainer like olbermann and many in the news industry like michael isakoff tried to have or create  a Woodward and Bernstein moment and get bush removed from office or face prosecution...all failed....bush's critics never got to him the way they got to Carter....
Bush did everything he wanted, even got a second term....is it endearing? Aye don't know...but it is a quality of strength...and our presidents should appear strong even if they have weaknesses...bush's swagger and wrangler politics worked for him.  Teddy roosevelts swagger and wrangler politics worked for him as well...admirable? Endearing? aye wouldn't call it that...but a strong president?  hell, yes.

Bush was a very strong president in the face of critics....it's a fact, right?
Bush was tough.

Huh? Bush was a bad President precisely BECAUSE he didn't care about the positions of anyone else- its not an endearing quality.

Olberman was just a pundit using the contemporary issues to up his voice and airtime.  I think you maybe overestimating his importance.

Underestimating the problems of having a leader who doesn't care about anyone his people must interact with or even his own people?  Idk, you decide, but I'd rather go to Europe without having to tell people I'm Canadian so they won't kill me, because my leader pisses on everyone at will without concern or abatement.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2012, 11:45:36 PM »
We don't communicate too well blue, buddy.  I was arguing Bush was a bad president largely because he was too strong and too tough.  He didn't compromise or even care about anyone else, least of all us.

Olberman is just an opportunistic pundit, nothing special there.

All that other stuff you said is fair enough and not in contention.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2012, 07:54:10 PM »
....it's fun to watch msnbc these days without that tool Keith olberman....less bias.

olberman really push your buttons.  you never even mention babs boxer any  more.

by way, how your goat?  she going bear you little blueidiot anytime soon?