Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Who will win 2012 presidential election?

Paul
 2 (10.5%)
Romney
 5 (26.3%)
Obama
 10 (52.6%)
Gingrich
 0 (0%)
Nader
 2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Who will win 2012 presidential election?  (Read 7281 times)

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: Who will win 2012 presidential election?
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 08:39:53 AM »
Santorum won't win the primary because he doesn't have enough money...and the liberal media won't even give him face time....the media doesn't even attack him...Plus he is very, very far right.

It was funny to me to see how the liberal media got their collective panties in a bunch and went after Herman Cain as if it was the announcement that S.P. was going to be mccain's running mate...that was so much fun to watch....

...very suspicious, that. Hmmmmmmm?

Not against Obama,but why not the Primary? Who do you think will win that?

Samtorum won't win

8 votes, that's one Mormon family!

Millions of things could happen.  The biggest being, of course, the economy.  What happens in Europe economically may indirectly determine a U.S. presidential election.  That's just one (maybe two or three depending on how you look at it).  Who thought a year before Obama was elected, he would be?

I'm not saying I dislike Obama, if that's what you're thinking- just that the future is not certain.  Being too intuitive can be dangerous.       

Santorum is looking up in the polls, btw.  He might take Iowa.  You might have to add him to the list Blue.

wow.  you correct by all of what, eight votes? 

and it not primary, doofus.

you political genius!

LincolnLover

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 04:05:48 PM »
Well, Obama decided we are going for a "slimmer" Military now......

....basicly, given the choice between welfare for illegal immigrants or self defense, well there you go.

That's why he can't NOT be re-elected, more welfare votes than laid off soldiers.

Same reasons that (Free) State ID requirments to vote is "racist"

LincolnLover

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 04:20:07 PM »
Case in point,

http://news.yahoo.com/hospitals-stuck-illegal-immigrant-uninsured-permanent-patients-massive-223110870.html

An unpleasant new report claims that many hospitals in major metro areas are struggling with the growing problem of “permanent patients.”

What’s a “permanent patient”? According to the New York Times they are mostly illegal immigrants or people who lack insurance or their own housing that the hospital cannot turn away.

The Times defines a “permanent patient”:

…[someone who has] been languishing for months or even years in…hospitals, despite being well enough to be sent home or to nursing centers for less-expensive care, because they are illegal immigrants or lack sufficient insurance or appropriate housing.

Of course, having dozens of patients hanging around that long means these hospitals are absorbing the bill for millions of dollars in unreimbursed expenses annually.

Unsurprisingly, the majority of these “permanent patients” are illegal immigrants because, as mentioned in the above, they have no housing or family in the area.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 08:46:09 PM »
let julie guess:  you oppose universal health insurance, rigfht?

what surprise!

p.s.  when you going enlist to "defend" our country?

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 09:23:48 PM »
Standard repub hate fear speak. I noticed how all the hot topic groups are used. Them damn Mexicans.  Them darn poor people ( I was waiting for- them darn gays). They want my stuff, but its mine, not yours, mine. Just mean, man. Just mean.  Of course people abuse the system, but that is not a reason to make it so expensive that only rich people can use it.  People speed on the high way too, that isn't a reason to restrict it to wealthy only people with excessive tolls/insurance.

Didn't you say "Obama would have to grow horns to loose"?  (Sorry I too lazy to look it up).
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

LincolnLover

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 09:18:45 PM »
Already did. Didn't you?

let julie guess:  you oppose universal health insurance, rigfht?

what surprise!

p.s.  when you going enlist to "defend" our country?

mortons

• View Profile
    • Criminal Solicitors
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 03:08:48 PM »
Voted for the most likely winner.  Not who I would want to win.
Crime doesn't pay for Lawyers, but does for everyone else!

LincolnLover

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 05:59:29 PM »
then why bother to vote at all?

Voted for the most likely winner.  Not who I would want to win.

LincolnLover

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 06:08:49 PM »
So you are ok with paying the bills for people who aren't supposed to be here to begin with? That's different than paying for citizens. SS and welfare programs are a lot like an insurance plan. We all pay in and get out our amount if needed. Do you think it would be fair to allow anyone from anyone to get benefits from your private insurance that you required to pay into if you have a job on the books, but they don't pay in a dime and as a result your benefits go down as payments go up? How is that fair?

Standard repub hate fear speak. I noticed how all the hot topic groups are used. Them damn Mexicans.  Them darn poor people ( I was waiting for- them darn gays). They want my stuff, but its mine, not yours, mine. Just mean, man. Just mean.  Of course people abuse the system, but that is not a reason to make it so expensive that only rich people can use it.  People speed on the high way too, that isn't a reason to restrict it to wealthy only people with excessive tolls/insurance.

Didn't you say "Obama would have to grow horns to loose"?  (Sorry I too lazy to look it up).

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2012, 12:12:12 AM »
Fair?  Wtf are you talking about.  Ok, look it.  There are things in life you have to deal with.  Like a wealthy country getting immigration from a poor bordering country, I mean shi.t man what would you think would happen.  We all pay for services and projects that are used by people that didn't pay for them.  If not, we would have no roads, no bridges, no fire depts., no administration for anything including courts, basically nothing needed for a functional society. So yes, you cannot only pay for what you get- that's not just selfish its impossible as a practical matter.  To have anything you and I must pay for things used by us and people who didn't pay for it.  Sorry, but otherwise none of us would have anything.

It seems the arguments behind the positions you are advocating are based on morals or beliefs and not numbers (naively reminiscent of abstinence education arguments- thinking human beings or any animal will avoid sex is just plain gullibility inspired by morality).  Illegal immigrants using U.S. based facilities maybe morally deplorable to you, but as a practical matter of course it will happen.  You can't stop it.  Understanding the numerical situation is important and relatively small.  You may not like poor immigrants using "your" stuff, but the drain is relatively small and unavoidable.

Its hard for me to piss on the poor and the destitute from my nice warm apartment at my nice expensive computer.  But that's just my morality and possibly just as naive. 

Maybe I can express my point in an contrapositive way: why is Alabama so harsh on illegal immigrants with a peek Hispanic population of less than %4 (just to be clear that means that not only is the Hispanic pop insanely small in Bama, but the illegal immigrant population is yet even smaller within that)? - Morality: illegal immigration is wrong so they made crazy harsh regs and caused  problems to solve a problem that never existed.  I doubt they will say the obvious- "opps".  They should though.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."