Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: part-time starting in spring  (Read 676 times)

apacheboy

• View Profile
part-time starting in spring
« on: December 30, 2011, 09:34:21 PM »
Wanted to know of some part-time law schools which accept students for the Spring semester in/around the tri-state area in the Northeast ?

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: part-time starting in spring
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 11:35:21 AM »
Some of the really big ones do, but not many.  I know Cooley does, but that's far.  Maybe UB, NYLS, Pace and Rutgers (I'm pretty sure Rutgers does) do.  Check Suffolk, Penn State and Northeastern if you are willing to move.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

apacheboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 06:45:36 PM »
When does NYLS start part-time in Jan also ? ( website does not say anything )

Can you transfer from online law school to "real" school in the middle of studies ? Any experience doing these things ?

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 08:01:31 PM »
The only one I'm sure about spring start is Cooley.  Not many schools do it.  You'll have to go to their websites and check. Go to the LSAC site, they say if the schools offer Spring starts.  If NYLS doesn't mention it, its a good bet they don't do Spring starts.  I checked the LSAC site and they say no Spring starts-

https://officialguide.lsac.org/Release/SchoolsABAData/SchoolPage/SchoolPage_Info/ABA_LawSchoolData.aspx

You might have to wait til the next fall.

You cannot transfer online credits.  Only Cali accepts online schools.  No other state does, neither does the ABA.  Good luck.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

apacheboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 10:35:10 PM »
Thanks everyone. Since Spring starts are limited, is anyone aware of any schools which will accept LSAT from June 2012 for a Fall 2012 admission dates ? Again schools in the tri-state area like NY/NJ/CT

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 09:30:55 PM »
That's easier.  LSAC has those dates too.  It's possible.  Teuro maybe? or Pace?  You might be stuck waiting a year man. Good luck.