Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Critique requested.  (Read 238 times)

lawschoolsurvival

• View Profile
    • Law School Survival
Critique requested.
« on: December 27, 2011, 03:15:38 PM »
Hello, I have just published my first website: www.lawschoolsurvival.org. It is an unfinished compilation of articles regarding all the tips and strategies that I used throughout law school and for the bar exam.

I am hoping to hear some constructive criticism on the subject matter, as to whether it would pertain to your school or state's bar exam. Obviously, I have only experience with one law school and one bar exam, but I think that the skills I am writing about are general enough to help anyone.

Thanks in advance.
www.LawSchoolSurvival.org  - Tips, tricks, and strategies for surviving law school and the bar exam.

iracafella

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Critique requested.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 09:08:40 PM »
I think that your website idea is cool. I like your layout, and what content will come with the layout. I can't think of any idea of criticism, it seems all good to me. I think it would be cool to tell people how there is a pretty big online community of people who sell used LSAT, and Bar Prep, recordings and books. Those Kaplan type companies exploit us financially by offering a 2012 LSAT prep book, when it is 99% the same as last years. Things like PMBR and BARBRI for Bar Prep are more about law, for the bar. So you could use a dated copy and still learn ALOT. They charge alot, but with the online community buying and selling used items, the cost goes way down.

lawschoolsurvival

• View Profile
    • Law School Survival
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 10:26:19 PM »
We are definitely on the same page iracafella. I myself didn't pay the ransom for a Bar review course, but instead borrowed some 3 year old study materials and locked myself in the library at my law school. When I passed, I made a lot of my friends (some much smarter and much more diligent) very jealous for saving that much money.

I plan on writing an article covering this subject, but do not personally know the best sources to get these materials (mine were borrowed from a friend).

Are your talking about amazon.com and ebay, or are there sources that I am not aware of?

Thanks
www.LawSchoolSurvival.org  - Tips, tricks, and strategies for surviving law school and the bar exam.

iracafella

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 02:20:08 AM »
Ebay has a really great selection of used books and recordings. I also know that there are a few websites that "rent" books to students for periods of time (most people who do so rent a book for a quarter or semester, then return). I have not checked but I imagine that those websites may offer that service for Bar Exam or LSAT books. If the reader lives near a big city, their local library might even have good stuff. I live in Seattle, WA, so the library here actually had some books to borrow for Bar Review. As far as the "holy grail" (video recordings of Bar Prep lectures or LSAT courses), I have only found fee for service options, or free samples of such options. I do know that ebay is great, and renting websites are great, and I am unaware of illegality for a few friends to buy a PMBR CD together, but then put a copy on each person's itunes.