Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where can I get in?  (Read 635 times)

arsenalgooners7

• View Profile
Where can I get in?
« on: December 21, 2011, 06:10:45 PM »
Hey all,
I'm graduating next semester from MIT.  I majored in Political Science and minored in Energy Studies.  My curriculum and research screams environmental law, and
I'm applying to schools right now for environmental law.  Here's some quick info:
GPA: 3.3-3.4 (Got sick freshman year, had a 3.8 Junior year so a great grade trend)
LSAT: 167
Varsity athlete, Leadership positions in fraternity, research
Decent personal statement
Pretty good LOR, including one from my environmental law professor who is well-known in the environmental law field (Charles Caldart)

I applied to UVA out-of-state and did not get in.  Here's where I'm looking to apply:

UC-Berkeley
Duke
Tulane (probably my favorite)
Oregon
FSU
Emory
Vanderbilt
Stanford (definite reach)

Note: All my stuff is in, I just need to finish filling out applications.  I change the last paragraph of my personal statement to fit each school (talk about my fit in their programs)
My resume and personal statement both indicate I am committed to environmental law

I was wondering which of those schools I have a solid chance of getting in to (Like, above 60%) given my indication of environmental law? I'm unsure if Oregon or Tulane, etc.,
are more selective when they know the applicant is environmental law.  Also,  are there any other good schools I should apply to that I could get into?

Thanks

erickagrimes

• View Profile
Re: Where can I get in?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 06:59:44 AM »
Hey, Merr Christmas 

We have this thread for Law Schools, a lot of suggestions from users.. just below the Off-topic area :) maybe you'll find something useful in that thread, there's a lot of options. Good luck

Tofayel

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - apobangladesh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 12:08:27 PM »
Don't worry, you can easily admit into Tulane  or Stanford, because your background is well enough for compete.

LincolnLover

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 04:40:57 PM »
Well, you can take the patent bar right now if you wanted to skip law school due to the science degree.

If not, consider online? Bad rep I  know, but if you like computers anyways it may be a plus.