Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: "Law School Interest" section  (Read 394 times)

uvm2010

• View Profile
"Law School Interest" section
« on: December 20, 2011, 02:47:15 PM »
the LSAC online application asks: "6. Are you applying, or have you applied, to other law schools? If so, please list them."

How does this response affect the admission decision?  For example, are you more likely to get in if you list more/less schools?
Do schools frown upon an applicant who applies to 5+ schools around the country?
Will schools be able to find out if you don't list some of the schools you're applying to?
How many schools did YOU list, and what was the outcome?

Thanks in advance for the help!

IClawstud

• View Profile
Re: "Law School Interest" section
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 10:38:53 AM »
That's a good question. When I first applied I listed all the schools about 6-8 . Than about two weeks later I decided to apply to about four more schools. So the original 6-8 I applied to wouldn't know I applied to an extra four schools, and I doubt they care enough for you to have to call them to update your application. So I really don't know why that matters.
Maybe they want to know if you applied to say four schools in the same region they might want to compete over you. But with that logic they might also be say well we don't need to accept him because I am sure one of the other schools in the area will. Or it could be a psychological game where there trying to see where you think you should be getting into.
That's all I got.