Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Discuss : what if constitutional basic rights come into collision with public...  (Read 5004 times)

ayperi

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello everyone!

I'm wirriting a paper on should government astrict constitutional basic rights when there is a big activity( for example, London will hold the Olympic games next year) ?

So I  hope I could discuss this issue with you here.

I have finished my paper=] so here is my opinion:
BACKGROUND:
1.In China , there are 8 million people are marked to be high-risck people by the police and they had to leave to another city (not been forced to ) because some of them are afraid of being arrested.
2.the government think they have not done anything which is compellent to make them leave so it doesn't have responsibility.
DISCUSSION:
1. Do the police have the right to define high-risk people ?
2.Defining who belongs to high-risk people and form a threaten to them is the only way to make sure the security of public activity like the Olympics?
I used the constitutional principle of reservation and  the principle of proportionality  to explain my opinion. any other opinions?

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
write paper first, then talk.

ayperi

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks for your suggestion =]

I finished my paper.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
and so?

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
What school do you go to?
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
not get personal.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
You likely know why I asked that Julie.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
negatory.

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I'm wirriting a paper on should government astrict constitutional basic rights when there is a big activity( for example, London will hold the Olympic games next year) ?

Their constitutional rights won't be affected, in all likelihood.

1. Do the police have the right to define high-risk people ?

Why wouldn't they?

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Lame Julie, again. Its not always necessary to be directly mean.  If you understood that you might get along better with your blue friend.  Or not. Make love with your goat, not war.