Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I passed the FYLSE  (Read 2382 times)

InterAlia1961

• When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
    • View Profile
    • The Daily Defacto
    • Email
Re: I passed the FYLSE
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 09:53:21 AM »
Would you say the two times were very simular tests, or did the problems vary a lot. Was it basicly like the same questions but with different names and locations? Do you know if they have a curve to it like the lsat, or is its pass rate based on a set score like the GED?

This administration of the exam was more difficult than the June session. In the June session, each mcq was worth 3.3 points. This time, each was worth 3.8 points. The essay portion was the same as far as difficulty. When reading the essay fact patterns, it's imperative to look for the twist. There is always a twist. Take a look at the questions on the Cal Bar site for the October administration. You'll notice that in each one, there is a small fact, easily overlooked, that changes the analysis. For instance, the torts essay. When you read through it, notice that the fire didn't start in the ventilation system. It started in the oven. While negligence per se was discussable, it was also easily disposed of. The statute was meant to ensure proper ventilation for normal commercial baking, not to prevent injury from flames or a full-blown fire.  Also, I've spoken to a number of people who didn't discuss attempted larceny by false pretenses.  There's always a twist. Always.
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.' ~Arthur Clarke

InterAlia1961

• When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
    • View Profile
    • The Daily Defacto
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 09:42:56 PM »
I take it that it was more essay than multiple choice questions?

It's always the same. Four essays and 100 mcqs.
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.' ~Arthur Clarke

erickagrimes

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2011, 07:27:40 AM »
WOW! congrats! ;)