Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I passed the FYLSE  (Read 2212 times)

InterAlia1961

• When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
    • View Profile
    • The Daily Defacto
    • Email
I passed the FYLSE
« on: December 12, 2011, 12:20:48 PM »
I passed the Baby Bar on the 2nd try. Total scaled score of 591.5138. Onward.
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.' ~Arthur Clarke

Opie58

Re: I passed the FYLSE
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 12:27:35 PM »
SUPER!!!  Congrats.  Any words of advice??

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 01:05:08 PM »
Congrats!

GovLaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 01:33:50 PM »
Congratulations!!!  ;D

Clarence Darrow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 03:38:14 PM »
Congrats to you. I kept reading your posts to get through those long weeks of waiting hoping that I would only have to do this one time. I was told by my seat mates our Proctor was good luck and my study partner was in row one, I was in row 2 and we both passed.

InterAlia1961

• View Profile
    • The Daily Defacto
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 03:44:01 PM »
Congrats to you. I kept reading your posts to get through those long weeks of waiting hoping that I would only have to do this one time. I was told by my seat mates our Proctor was good luck and my study partner was in row one, I was in row 2 and we both passed.

Congratulations! I was in the last row before the writers. I'm glad it's over.
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.' ~Arthur Clarke

InterAlia1961

• View Profile
    • The Daily Defacto
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 03:47:25 PM »
SUPER!!!  Congrats.  Any words of advice??

This time, I abandoned the outline-style essay. I just couldn't get it to work for me. I'm not sure why. Instead, I identified 20-25 questions on each essay and answered with the IRAC formation. It went much better. Oh, and if you're a Concord student, you'll hear Bracci say he doesn't like Tim Tyler's stuff. I don't know about his essay advice, but his method for MCQs is right on the money.

GovLaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 10:07:33 AM »
I have never taken the FYLSE, but it's my understanding that it is extremely difficult - you all should be very proud of your achievement!

Opie58

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 11:19:02 AM »
Oh, and if you're a Concord student, you'll hear Bracci say he doesn't like Tim Tyler's stuff. I don't know about his essay advice, but his method for MCQs is right on the money.

Thanks.  I have been looking at various study aids out there to use for both the first years studies & FYLSX prep.  I have his ebook versions of the outlines for the the three courses (crim, contracts, & torts); I like them.

LincolnLover

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 07:01:44 PM »
Would you say the two times were very simular tests, or did the problems vary a lot. Was it basicly like the same questions but with different names and locations? Do you know if they have a curve to it like the lsat, or is its pass rate based on a set score like the GED?