Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Online vs Correspondence  (Read 744 times)

LincolnLover

Online vs Correspondence
« on: December 03, 2011, 01:14:58 PM »
There are perks and cons to each. Let's discuss those and see what people tend to prefer and why.

When it comes to fed loans I saw the following on Tafts website. I thought it was if it was DETC accredited or not as a factor, but I guess online is treated better than correspondence as far as fed loans go (for whatever reason)

Financial Aid

Investing in a legal education is an investment in your personal and professional development. Taft Law School makes every effort to make a legal education an achievable goal for all qualified applicants.

Taft is proud to have aligned with an array of organizations and agencies that may offer you financial aid via a variety of loans and other forms of aid.
The Taft University System Financial Aid Office personnel will work closely with you to ensure that you receive the benefits available to you.
The great majority of our students qualify for some type of financial aid.
Many students will also qualify for Federal Income Tax Credits and Deductions which would reduce the net cost of tuition and fees.
    For more information, simply select from the following options.

Quick Links:
Consumer Information Guide

Federally Insured Student Loans (Federal Student Aid)

Net Price Calculator

Title IV Frequently Asked Questions

Military Tuition Assistance
Employer Tuition Assistance
The Taft University System Grants

Federally Insured Student Loans (Federal Student Aid)

Overview

Most students enrolled in the Juris Doctor Telecommunications Programs will qualify for low interest loans in amounts sufficient to cover 100% of tuition, fees, books and related costs. These loans may either be subsidized (where the government pays the interest charges during the term of enrollment) or unsubsidized (where interest is accrued during the term of enrollment and eventually paid by the student).

Independent Study students (J.D. or LL.M.) are not eligible for Federally Insured Student Loans but may qualify for private loans, military or employer tuition assistance, and/or Taft University System grants.

jonlevy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Online vs Correspondence
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 10:32:18 AM »
Unless there is a major cost differential that makes a difference, the online courses with an instructor are going to be better than correspondence. I did the correspondence route because there was no online 25 years ago. But in my opinion a successful correspondence student will need familiarity with the legal field or courts and proven ability to memorize law outlines, statutes, Blacks Dictionary and nutshells by sheer force of will or they will likely wash out quicky.