Specific Groups / Issues > Affirmative Action

Advice for a Native American student applying for Law School

(1/2) > >>

19jeffrey91:
I have noticed that there is a lack of Native American students in top 20 Law Schools. I will be recieving my Bachelors of Science in International Business from Quinnipiac Unviersity. I will finish with a 3.45GPA and a 158LSAT score. Will this help me with gaining admission into Law School?

fortook:
Ya, those numbers are good enough.  Don't know about top 20s though.  Try lawschoolpredictor.  I tried it with and without checking the box for URM: the difference is amazing.  It can change the whole screen from reds to greens. I'm not sure how accurate it is, I've found at least two errors myself.

There is an organization, the Law School Project (I think that's the name), that claims to help Native Americans get into law school, but they ask for money so be leery. Good luck.

ipscientific:

--- Quote from: 19jeffrey91 on December 01, 2011, 09:50:31 PM ---I have noticed that there is a lack of Native American students in top 20 Law Schools. I will be recieving my Bachelors of Science in International Business from Quinnipiac Unviersity. I will finish with a 3.45GPA and a 158LSAT score. Will this help me with gaining admission into Law School?

--- End quote ---

In my opinion and you being a Native American you are entitled to any opportunity in this country. This is your country. Go for it. Try to go to Harvard or Yale.

fortook:
^^ Rah, Rah unrealistic crap.  No one can get into HYS with anything under 165 (and even that's reaching).  Don't waste you money applying to HYS there are other good schools out there, think more "where" you want to practice.

What kind of law and where do you want to practice. Are there schools that teach various tribal law or have connection to a specific tribe?  A financially successful tribe like the Seminoles likely employ an army of lawyers. Good specific questions to ask, not generalized "cheerleader speak" that is meaningless and ultimately insulting.

Julie Fern:
quinnipiac fine indian name.  stanford, not so much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version