Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waking up at 6 & getting brain ready for LSAT  (Read 1116 times)

LovingLaw89

Waking up at 6 & getting brain ready for LSAT
« on: November 30, 2011, 08:02:18 AM »
I read online that when getting to test center, you can be expected to wait a hour to get a room, since the December test says I have to be there at 8:30 what would be the actual time
People are in room and starting (after instructions).

also im having trouble getting energized after waking up at 6 - though now
I have no issues with it - is it normal ?

Jeffort

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Discussion - Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question Type Finder Utility
    • Email
Re: Waking up at 6 & getting brain ready for LSAT
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 07:32:06 PM »
I read online that when getting to test center, you can be expected to wait a hour to get a room, since the December test says I have to be there at 8:30 what would be the actual time
People are in room and starting (after instructions).

also im having trouble getting energized after waking up at 6 - though now
I have no issues with it - is it normal ?

The time the proctors tell you to open the test book and start section one varies by test center.  It depends largely on how many people show up to take the test at the particular test center.  For most centers, assuming no unexpected/extraordinary disruptive events (like another 'occupy' protest/sit-in breaking out in front of the building) occur, section one typically begins at roughly 9:15-9:30 a.m. and can be as late as 10:00a.m. if there are a lot of students to check-in/assign to rooms before the proctors are allowed to distribute the materials and read the instructions before saying GO!

Your second question is unclear.  If you have been waking up early for at least several days and now have no issues with being energized in the morning hours, the answer is yes, that is normal and a good thing so that you are alert and your brain is firing on all cylinders when the test begins. 

Good luck!

Jeffort

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 07:11:16 PM »
Waking up your brain takes more than waking up early.

Plan for how you will have LSAT energy when you need it.

Yes, waking-up early may be a part of it, but so is going to sleep early, eating right, exercising, etc., etc.

Your LSAT score reflects how you get your brain ready, so make sure on test-day it is as crisp, clear, and as powerful as possible.

Hey supposed LSAT tutor and junkie Win, you are a little late trying to help this student.  The test the student was getting ready for was administered last Saturday.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 06:54:02 PM »
nothing wrong with knowing how get test-ready, whenever that happen.

Jeffort

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 08:21:40 PM »
nothing wrong with knowing how get test-ready, whenever that happen.

True, but there is something wrong when an LSAT clueless person claims to be an expert prep service provider in attempts to get naive students to hand over credit card information in order to take their money.

IrrX cleaned out this spammer/scammer so the problem here is solved for now.