Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: law school numbers reliable?  (Read 843 times)

prelaw12

• View Profile
    • Email
law school numbers reliable?
« on: November 26, 2011, 10:33:46 AM »
Can people put fake gpa's and lsat scores on lawschoolnumbers.com? What stops people from saying they have a 4.0 gpa and a 180 lsat and say they have been accepted to all the best schools? I feel like there are way more people on lsn scoring in the 99th percentile on the lsat than there are people who actually scored that high. For instance there are like 50 people that have a 180 on the site but only like 20 people can get a 180 per year if a 180 is 99.98 percentile.

IClawstud

• View Profile
Re: law school numbers reliable?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 11:39:37 AM »
I thought the same thing when I first started to use it but it actually is pretty accurate. The thing is that it seems that the majority of the people who use the site are in that top percentile. A really good resource is the LSAC school search finder. It gives a decent amount of information and also gives a comprehensive breakdown of amount of people who applied and got accepted between ranges of LSAT and GPA.
I provided the link: https://officialguide.lsac.org/release/OfficialGuide_Default.aspx

expelliarmus

• View Profile
Re: law school numbers reliable?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 12:03:46 AM »
I think law school numbers attract a lot of users with high numbers. I think some people fake it, but most people should be telling the truth - as the calculated GPA and LSAT for each school based on LSN isn't that far off from the numbers schools released.

That said, I think you should use the school released information (25%, 75% and median) to get an overall idea. LSN helps to compare people with similar credentials in terms of LS admissions.