Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any Reviews on Southwestern  (Read 1388 times)

IClawstud

• View Profile
Any Reviews on Southwestern
« on: November 17, 2011, 12:16:48 AM »
Hey I am from the East Coast and also applying to a bunch of schools on the West Coast so visiting isn't the easiest option. Does anyone have any insight personally, or second hand knowledge of the school? I appreciate any feedback.

Tiery Eyed

• View Profile
Re: Any Reviews on Southwestern
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 04:24:46 PM »
Obviously Harvard, Yale, UCLA, and schools of that caliber will open more doors than Southwestern, but SW is not much better or worse than majority of ABA schools.

Bigs, is UCLA really that great??  I was accepted there this cycle and I'm still deciding where to go.  I know it is a good school and all but I never thought of it on that caliber, as its not a T-14 school. I hope you're right though because it would be great to have that kind of an option.  As the LA mastermind, I'm just wondering what opinions and insight you have on UCLA?

Tiery Eyed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 10:30:20 PM »
Sorry for the confusion Bigs, but I'm not the original poster who asked about Southwestern.  Obviously UCLA is much better than Southwestern, I was just surprised when you compared its ability to open opportunities as being on par with Harvard and Yale.  Like the original poster, I am also from the East Coast.   However, I have been to LA before and would visit UCLA before making a final decision.

I know the ranking system has plenty of flaws, I was just trying to get any info I could on UCLA.  Also, do you know how USC compares to UCLA?  Does either have an edge or is it basically just a toss up?

Tiery Eyed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 10:43:33 AM »
Thank you.. I've been doing my best not to let the schools' sports teams play into my decision too much but as a huge sports fan its been hard hahaha

IClawstud

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 08:16:35 PM »
Hey thanks Big for the insight. I am looking into a few schools in L.A. and Chapman as well and I would obviously go visit the school before I decided to attend. I am more or less trying to figure out if it is even worth a visit and consideration of attending. I want to get into entertainment law which is why I am considering the L.A. area. And my grades aren't on par with UCLA but they are good enough where I might see some scholarship money from schools like southwestern. I am happy to hear that you know people who graduated from Southwestern who are doing well for themselves.

IClawstud

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 07:52:59 PM »
Bigs, thats some of the best advice I've heard so far thanks a lot.