Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2 Weeks before Test and Score Not High Enough  (Read 1560 times)

MNBiz

• View Profile
    • No Competing
Re: 2 Weeks before Test and Score Not High Enough
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 02:31:03 PM »
Guess I'll get to work studying then!

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 03:15:21 PM »
Guess I'll get to work studying then!

I made a huge mistake by not preparing enough for the LSAT.  Recommend you read these books:

http://www.amazon.com/Law-School-Getting-Good-Gold/dp/1888960809

and to a lesser extent:

http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Law-School-II-Before/dp/1888960507/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1321388106&sr=1-1

dlat7

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 11:17:56 AM »
I'm having the most problem with the logic game section. I can't seem to finish in time. I was told that logic games just take a lot of practice. but do you know of another method/ strategy?

Your initial understanding of the rules & diagram are THE most important factors when dealing with LG.  Be sure to understand every rule and constraint--not only what it states specifically, but what it implies via contrapositives and slotting/grouping for the remaining members (conditional reasoning plays a large role in this section as well, so be sure to have a firm grip on that concept).  In many cases, you can diagram a large-enough portion of the game and be able to answer most of the Qs rather easily. 

This section, IMO, is the easiest to learn since everything fits into a nice box-the rules/constraints limit what you can/not do.  Be sure to go slowly at first, understanding every rule's direct and indirect implications and discovering the best way to translate those rules onto the page.  Speed will obviously come with practice.

I was PTing in your range when I began and have since improved to -1/2 on each LG section I attempt. 

Best of luck.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • tea baggers, unite! screw u.s.a.!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 06:55:55 PM »
I'm having the most problem with the logic game section. I can't seem to finish in time. I was told that logic games just take a lot of practice. but do you know of another method/ strategy?

stop trying do whole section.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2011, 11:29:19 AM »
Julie's sarcasm is usually obvious, but here she has a point.  A lot of people skip game to up the whole section score, if time is a problem.  Just remember to guess on the game you skip (don't' leave anything blank).   
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."