Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: DON'T DO IT!!  (Read 4707 times)

LincolnLover

Re: DON'T DO IT!!
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2011, 08:38:56 PM »
can you post a real  once that says that? I bet not.

Can you copy&paste someones info here that says fastfood so we can see it?

Name: LincolnLover
School: Tier 4
Employment:  "fastfood"
Graduation Date:  5/10/2014
Bar Membership Date: 10/25/2020

Ok?

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2011, 09:40:15 AM »

Here are two: (PII removed)

XXXm C Cxxxxxx
Primary Address:  113 xxx Ste C
City: xxon
State: xx
Zip:  xxxx0
Telephone:  (xxx) xxx-0400 
Fax:
Email:  xxx@gmail.com
Law Firm: None
Date Admitted:  xx/xx/2009

Joseph x xxxxxlt
Primary Address:  105 xxx St
City: xxxville
Zip: xxxx9
Telephone: (xx2) xx2-2xx8 
Fax:
Email:  xxxn.xxxxlt@gmail.com
Law Firm:  Attorney at Law
Out of State
Date Admitted:  xx/xx/2010

Like I stated above, they generally write that they're not employed by a law firm or, if they wish to keep on active status, they write "solo" or "Attorney at Law."

Some tell me, some don't.  The ones that don't usually can't hide it - my state's bar gives info on the firms that attorneys work for.  If no firm is listed, it's not hard to make the inference.

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2011, 10:43:52 AM »
Although you make a valid point, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss those who are self-employed as being unemployed.

Certainly, some of them fall into a very undesireable state.  They have huge student loans to deal with and they have very little income.  Maybe they're picking up a court appointment here or there for very little money, whatever.

You can see how a person like this could muddle along, but eventually make enough money to rent an inexpensive office space.  Then, maybe a slightly bigger one where they share a receptionist with a few other solos, etc.  Working their way up the food chain, until they build up an individual practice and manage to accumulate a few real, paying clients.

Especially for the grads who are 20-something, you're going to live a LONG time.  Taking 10 years to go worse than minimum wage employment, to the point where you are billing 30 hours a week at $150 an hour seems like a very long and hard road.  However, the folks who do it will eventually end up making a very, very good living.

Granted, it's probably not what they envisioned when they started law school, but it can happen.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2011, 08:10:35 PM »
yes, it make perfect sense for you shut up.

LincolnLover

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2011, 03:27:16 PM »
Removing the PII was a good idea. I see what you mean about if with a firm, but that still dosn't show any listings of places such as fastfood like you've been claiming, only firm or no firm.

Here are two: (PII removed)

XXXm C Cxxxxxx
Primary Address:  113 xxx Ste C
City: xxon
Zip:  xxxx0
Telephone:  (xxx) xxx-0400 
Fax:
Email:  xxx@gmail.com
Law Firm: None
Date Admitted:  xx/xx/2009

Joseph x xxxxxlt
Primary Address:  105 xxx St
City: xxxville
Zip: xxxx9
Telephone: (xx2) xx2-2xx8 
Fax:
Email:  xxxn.xxxxlt@gmail.com
Law Firm:  Attorney at Law
Out of State
Date Admitted:  xx/xx/2010

Like I stated above, they generally write that they're not employed by a law firm or, if they wish to keep on active status, they write "solo" or "Attorney at Law."

Some tell me, some don't.  The ones that don't usually can't hide it - my state's bar gives info on the firms that attorneys work for.  If no firm is listed, it's not hard to make the inference.