Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GED; law school admission  (Read 354 times)

jjones8479

• View Profile
GED; law school admission
« on: November 02, 2011, 04:09:16 PM »
Hi all,

I am going to throw a lot at you, but please try and work with me.

I am a 24 year old African American male who received a G.E.D. in 2006. I subsequently attended a community college for a year, then transferred to a small private liberal arts college. I studied peace and justice studies with minors in political science and religious studies. I recently graduated with a GPA of 3.15, while simultaneously being actively involved in the community. My LSAT score is 153. This is all good, but I have five withdrawals. No F's, just W's. Three of the W's I retook and got B, B, and B+. All the W's were in my first two semesters at the liberal arts college. The W's are a result of three things. Firstly, when I entered college I literally did not no how to read or write; this was very difficult for me. Secondly, I was very sick. My doctor discovered a tumor on my thyroid and I have recently received the necessary treatment. Thirdly, I was very poor, sometimes living out of my car and not able to feed myself. Put in perspective with my community involvement being top-notch, which I have received many awards from, and that I am a founder of a small community based non-profit organization, do you think I have a chance of getting into law school? In addition, what law schools do you think I should apply too?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: GED; law school admission
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 04:59:06 PM »
ged, no problem.

but what going kill you:  posting same message multiple threads.

jjones8479

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 07:37:51 PM »
Ha valuable advice.

justanothersucker

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 09:40:18 PM »
I rarely see Julie post any thing worth agreeing with but to every rule there is an exception.

Honestly, I say go back and erase the other ones if you can. If not, ask an Admin to help do it.

As for the GED, who cares? Same for the community college deal. As long as you get an accredited BA, I'd focus on raising the lsat score and not sweat anything else.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 08:04:12 PM »
URM, non profit, 3.15, 153 = yes, most T3s andT4s.  Lawschoolnumbers.com.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."