Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Advice please!  (Read 317 times)

Ln1234

• View Profile
Advice please!
« on: October 25, 2011, 11:41:38 AM »
I took the October LSAT and got a bad score of 131. Probably the only one who would admit such a score at my first attempt. My GPA in college is 3.2. I will be graduating in May and had hoped to go to Law School fall of 2012. I am an older student and  I know how competitive the field is especially in these economic times. Should I retake in December or February? How does the timing of the test take into effect law school entrance?

Gakai

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Advice please!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 02:11:48 PM »
I would suggest taking a prep course or taking more time to study. When your prep test scores are in the range you would like your actual test score to be, take the LSAT again. Good Luck!

Ln1234

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 10:55:29 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I have been told I have a positive attitude about my score. I scored 150 + higher on the practices. I believe if I wait till February and spend the dedicated couple  hours a day working on either practice test or logic books, my score will be much better. My next question is how will the low score effect compared to the next time? Or will my law schools of choice not look at me based on the first score? I'm not looking at top tier schools either. My intent is a dual degree in history. And will I still be able to get in for the fall 2012? I'm willing to do what I need to do to score better.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 12:56:11 AM »
For the answer to that you have to look school by school.  Most will take your highest score.  Some might average scores.  They will usually disclose which on their respective website.  Multiple LSAT scores aren't too uncommon.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."