Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 150 Advice  (Read 357 times)

Illini

• View Profile
    • Email
150 Advice
« on: October 24, 2011, 10:30:41 PM »
I just got my October Lsat score back and it did not bode well for me; I scored a 150. This is a serious blow to my self-esteem and any chance I had to apply to the Early Decision deadline at Illinois (my first choice for law school). I have a 3.87 GPA from Illinois for undergrad, so this should help, but every calculator I came across said I have a 0% chance of getting in. I refuse to attend a non-Top 100 school, and obviously a top 50 school would be preferred.

I have a feeling the lsat score blunder at Illinois should deter some students from applying, but I do not think my score will be accepted.  I still have two test opportunities prior to the admission deadline for Illinois, but I do not know if it will really help.

Do I take the year off and apply for 2013? Forget law school for a while or all-together? Risk taking the December and/or February test?

IrrX

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
Re: 150 Advice
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 05:12:57 PM »
If I were you, I'd take a year. Get a job--a real job, mind you--and get some work experience doing what you learned in undergrad. Also take that time to reflect on why you want to go to law school, and more to the point, why you want to be a lawyer. If you're still feeling that itch, you can study for the LSAT and try it again, this time with a few entries on your resume to help you along.
Note: Insults made by me apply to everything associated with the people and ideas being insulted, except for other people.

Quote from: IamAnXMan
IRRX, it seems you enjoy provocation and antagonism.