Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Cain or Obama?

Cain(the first full blooded african american prez)
 1 (16.7%)
Obama (cain is an uncle-tom)
 2 (33.3%)
Screw it, I'd rather have a competent prez even if has to be another white guy.
 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Cain or Obama?  (Read 1524 times)

justanothersucker

Cain or Obama?
« on: October 22, 2011, 01:32:55 PM »
Who would you prefer(and why) Cain or Obama?

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Cain or Obama?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 01:36:07 AM »

Is this a trick question?

One guy is Harvard Law Review, meets with world leaders and knows them on a first-name basis, while the other guy has literally stated that he doesn't know who the president of "ubeki-beki-beki-stan-stan" is.

Case closed.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

IrrX

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 05:24:02 PM »

One guy is Harvard Law Review, meets with world leaders and knows them on a first-name basis, while the other guy has literally stated that he doesn't know who the president of "ubeki-beki-beki-stan-stan" is.

Case closed.

Yeah, essentially this. But I'd still much rather have the choice of a real progressive.
Note: Insults made by me apply to everything associated with the people and ideas being insulted, except for other people.

Quote from: IamAnXMan
IRRX, it seems you enjoy provocation and antagonism.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 10:12:18 AM »
obama merely disappointing.  cain scary.

Bulldawg05

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 02:36:04 AM »

Case closed.

Hmmm, I know this is outdated but I will put in my two cents anyway. Herman Cain is literally a rocket scientist who climbed his way out of poverty without the benefit of affirmitive action, became successful is business as an executive, making a struggling business profitible in an oversaturated market(godfather's pizza) among other things, and was on the board of the KC federal reserve. He is infinately more qualified for the job than a certain one term senator from illinois. Harvard law review does not qualify someone as a leader and is no substitute for executive experience and apparently it does not give you the tools to understand and revitalize the economy. It was sad to see the media dismiss this man as an ignorant pizza boy.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 02:19:07 PM »
you figure obama to manor born or something?

cain spent bulk of his professional life as lobbyist.  big deal.

Bulldawg05

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 02:41:36 PM »
No, and I don't mean to diminish Obama's accomplishments, but I think people were eager to dismiss Herman Cain as ignorant and underqualified despite his many accomplishments in the private sector. He was a lobbyist for three years, hardly the bulk of his professional life. He was in a position to do that work as a result of a lifetime of overcoming obstacles and achieving great success in the corporate world. I personally think that his track record made him much more qualified for the office than Obama was when he was elected. People seemed to dismiss him as a pizza flipping clown. I personally am more impressed by a lifetime of successful leadership in the private sector than Harvard law review and being elected as a legislator a couple times. I think there was an unfair prejudice against him, take for example this poll question that calls Herman Cain an "Uncle Tom." Why is he an Uncle Tom? What makes Obama Blacker than Him? It's just a bigoted, backwards way of thinking. If you don't fall in line politically, the thought police will come snatch your black card.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 07:34:53 PM »
well, you have take up your complaints regarding cain with wheoever offended you.  julie think his ideas eminently unimpressive, especially his 9-9-9 nonsense.

Bulldawg05

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 04:19:35 PM »
I'm not offended Julie, Herman Cain should be but I'm sure he has thick skin after a lifetime of dealing with this sort of backwards thinking. You are certainly entitled to your opinion about 9-9-9, but I would ask you for the sake of discussion, (I'm not trying to hijack this thread but it looks like it's been dead for a while) are you satisfied with the current tax code?

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 06:45:39 PM »
of course not.  but any sort flat tax only beg critical issues of what is income and how we going enforce it?  and julie just fine with progressive rates, by way.