Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best Way to Learn Civ Pro?  (Read 3672 times)

Logan420

• View Profile
Re: Best Way to Learn Civ Pro?
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 02:22:51 AM »
The best way to learn any subject is see how all the principles interact and work together in real world application.

I found this sample complaint.  It shows how torts interact with civ pro in a real style complaint.  Also shows personal jx, supp jx and venue. 

Logan420

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 02:24:01 AM »

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 09:22:47 AM »
Thanks for all the suggestions.  Got a grasp on it.  Should be good to go.  This is how it happened:

http://lawgoround.blogspot.com/2011/11/civ-pro-richmond-pleading-and-practice.html

The Understanding Civ Pro" book I reference is the one by Shreve and Raven-Hansen.  I think a better outline of what we were going to learn, before we started learning it, would have helped quite a bit.  It's hard to understand the pieces without understanding the framework. 

iracafella

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 07:57:44 PM »
I best advice I can give you is diversify

Nothing has helped me more, than trying new things, going to lectures one day, listening to audio recorded courses another day, reading law articles the next, doing research the next, watching famous lawyers in interviews the next, going to new websites the next.

Sometimes it's even good to go back to something u already know well, and trying to learn about it in a new way. Sometimes u notice something u missed

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 12:10:04 AM »
I best advice I can give you is diversify

Thanks.  I agree completely.  The more sources I go to for understanding on a topic, the better.