Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why Law School is Still Worth It...  (Read 2491 times)

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Why Law School is Still Worth It...
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 01:39:31 PM »
Right, but why is competition keen (what a bull$h*t word) in law? as BLS states "...because of the large number of students graduating from law school each year."

As far as the KEEN competition all the jobs I listed except for nursing say job prospects will be competitive.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 02:28:57 PM »
That goes to my other point it is a projection, which is complete B.S. anyways. I guarantee you none of what they say today on any of those jobs will be accurate. There is no way to predict how economy in generally goes  if the government was capable of doing that maybe they would be 14 trillion in debt.

If they can't get a guesstimate on a large scale how can they possibly project all the different factors that come into play for a specific industry. If another 9/11 attack thing happens tourism, air travel will go down signfianclty hurting pilots. If Obamacare is passed the health care profession will be affect maybe positively maybe negatively, but it is certainly a big reform that will have an impact and nobody knows what will happen with that.

If in 2018 Nurses have horrible job prospects will anyone say the Department of Labor in 2011 really screwed up. Answer is no they will change their prediction next year and the year after that and nobody will even know what is going on. So point of the rant who cares what some government entity projects 10 years down the future.

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 09:04:25 AM »
Here is something from the ABA Journal - some very interesting comments.  This is not from some scamblog (...well... I think some would define the ABA as being one, but anyway...).

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/law_school_grads_take_this_six-question_survey_on_finding_that_first_job

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 11:54:43 AM »
I didn't read every comment, but a lot said they found jobs and a lot said they didn't. This firm suing the schools I am interested to see how far that goes I'm guessing nowhere. I hope the judge in each case brings out each plaintiff's personal statement saying they can overcome challenges, blah blah. 

Education does not guarantee you a job in anything and I don't know why they are suing. It is going to be as successful as people suing the California Bar for being to hard they will lose. Yes that has happened numerous times and every time the same result in California. It's a standardized test that plenty of people have passed instead of litigating the issue why don't you study. Same principal here plenty of law graduates find jobs instead of litigating the issue why don't you focus on applying to jobs.