Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help me sleep!!!  (Read 345 times)

bbeck26

Help me sleep!!!
« on: October 07, 2011, 04:37:24 PM »
I am 35 years old and looking at a career change.  For the last 12 years I have been successful in a professional and somewhat prestigious career.  I have always wanted to pursue a career in law and now is the time for me to do just that.  Here is my problem; my first go around in school was less than inspiring.  I finished with a 2.9 GPA.  It has been almost 15 years since I graduated and since then I have gone back to school for a second Bachelorís degree at a very reputable University where I maintain a 3.7 GPA in pre-law.  I took the LSAT and only scored a 157.  I know my chances are restricted because of my first attempt at school, and my moderate LSAT score.  My question is do you think schools will see past that because of my current GPA and my life experiences?  All of the predictors I have gone on tell me I am mostly out of luck.  I am looking at schools in the 50-100 range on the US World top 100 rankings.  What do you all think?  Thank you.

justanothersucker

Re: Help me sleep!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 05:01:19 PM »
want help sleeping? Avoid lawschol!

Never sleep for 3 years unless your "sleeping it off" after finals are finally over and your study group spends the weekend at the bar.

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 12:09:17 AM »
1.  The only GPA they will look at will be the classes you took prior to getting your first bachelors.
2.  You went back to school to study "pre law"?  What the heck was that all about?  There really isn't any such thing as a "pre law" program of study.  Your first degree was technically pre-law.  What did you go back to school for?
3.  There's probably a school or maybe several that will still accept you.  When all else fails, go to Cooley.

justanothersucker

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 08:48:08 PM »
Well he asked one question and closed his account. Nuff said.