Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP URGENT  (Read 359 times)

tds17

• View Profile
    • Email
PLEASE HELP URGENT
« on: October 07, 2011, 01:19:09 AM »
Hello, I am a 21 yr old recently graduated Econ major from Pitt with a minor in Spanish. I had a 3.4 going out of college and I prepped extremely heavily for the October LSAT. Bought all the books, too all the practice tests; I really laid it all down. Unfortunately, my brother was tragically shot multiple times in the chest about a week before my LSAT's this past Saturday. He has since survived, but the whole thing has taken quite a toll on me and when I took the test on Saturday, I could feel as if my brain wasn't completely there. This, despite the fact that I knew how important this test was, I had been prepping for months and I knew all the material, was getting 165- 167's consistently on practice tests. The day of the LSAT, the first section I just cramped up, then recovered for the last four. I am not sure how I did as the experimental is not known, but I know that I could do better if given another chance. My question is this: Should I cancel my score, for fear of it being low? Or should I just have it be released, then on the chance that it is pretty bad, I can take the test again, improve my score, and provide an explanation in my addendum or personal statement outlining the events leading up to my test. Is this viable? What is my best option moving forward? Also, I think the deadline to cancel is Friday, so I need help ASAP. Thank you so much.

tds17

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: PLEASE HELP URGENT
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 11:59:52 AM »
When you say that, do you mean cancelling it or taking it again?