Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: FYLSX Statistics Posted  (Read 1940 times)

agarcia323

• View Profile
    • Email
FYLSX Statistics Posted
« on: October 06, 2011, 02:46:02 PM »
Hi,

Here is a summary 726 people took the test 18.7 percent passed or 137 people passed.

Here is the link

http://admissions.calbar.ca.gov/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=I4HxJJNgGJE%3d&tabid=2269&mid=3159

InterAlia1961

• When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
    • View Profile
    • The Daily Defacto
    • Email
Re: FYLSX Statistics Posted
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 10:17:14 AM »
Unfortunately, I'm not in that 18.7%. I'm preparing to retake it in a couple of weeks. I'm a little worried because on of my professors claims that the June test was one of the easier ones. I didn't think it was easy. Sigh. Anyway, I'm doing 50 mcqs a day and at least 2 essays a day. It's all I can manage with my work schedule.
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.' ~Arthur Clarke

justanothersucker

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 05:38:48 PM »
Dang! That's like 5/6 attrition rate! (of those who didn't quit earlier in 1L)

I do find it interesting that correspondence did better than distance learning (you'd think more interaction would result in better scores) and the fixed facilities did even worse than both of those. That kind of blows in person is better brick&mortar theories out the water a bit.

I find it really interesting how the law offices/judges chamber (no school at all-internship) did the best of all execept the pre mentioned equaling almost double the overall average pass percentage. The less school they got, they better they did. They did almost as good as the ABA.

Here's a question though, why if not required would anyone take the exam who is going to an ABA school? Pure Narcasism? Either way, even ABA only got a 44% pass rate(less odds than flipping a coin) Shows how hard it must be.

Opie58

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 10:16:24 AM »
Good article for those looking to take the FYLSX, or Baby Bar, down the road.

http://jerricook.com/tag/fylsx/

LincolnLover

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 02:44:03 PM »
Well, you can't beat advice like this: 

"Read the !@#$ing question." - Good idea for just about any exam I'd say.  8)

Good article for those looking to take the FYLSX, or Baby Bar, down the road.

http://jerricook.com/tag/fylsx/

Opie58

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 05:59:06 PM »
Agree!

jonlevy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 06:41:15 PM »
FYBE is always a 20% pass rate or thereabouts. The chambers/offices people are outliars since they likely know quite a bit about the law already.  Correspondence should always be a little higher because it consists of pure memorization which is the key to passing bars.

LincolnLover

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 03:46:03 PM »
Do you really think that correspondence has LESS access to books and notes in exams than those being in proctored rooms?

FYBE is always a 20% pass rate or thereabouts. The chambers/offices people are outliars since they likely know quite a bit about the law already.  Correspondence should always be a little higher because it consists of pure memorization which is the key to passing bars.

jonlevy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 08:30:45 PM »
Not sue I follow your question - correspondence study would have more emphasis on memorization and less interaction with a program because of its design.

LincolnLover

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 06:15:53 PM »
How?I understand the less interaction part, but how would it focus more on memorization when you have more access(not less) to notes and books to use?

Not sure I follow your question - correspondence study would have more emphasis on memorization and less interaction with a program because of its design.