Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Question about old Recommendation Letters -- Help!  (Read 893 times)

DreamBig26

• View Profile
Question about old Recommendation Letters -- Help!
« on: October 03, 2011, 12:35:37 AM »
I graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree this past May (2011) and had originally intended to apply to Law schools for this year. I had already asked my professors to send in a letter of recommendation to the LSAC around this time last year. I couldn't apply for this year due to personal reasons and hence my letter of recommendations will have a year old date as I begin to apply for next fall. Will this be a hindrance to my application? I am unable to get in touch with one of my professors and it seems very unlikely that I will be able to get with him in time to get the date revised on the letter. Do you guys this this will hurt my application? Any guidance in this matter is much appreciated!

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Question about old Recommendation Letters -- Help!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 08:43:43 AM »
I graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree this past May (2011) and had originally intended to apply to Law schools for this year. I had already asked my professors to send in a letter of recommendation to the LSAC around this time last year. I couldn't apply for this year due to personal reasons and hence my letter of recommendations will have a year old date as I begin to apply for next fall. Will this be a hindrance to my application? I am unable to get in touch with one of my professors and it seems very unlikely that I will be able to get with him in time to get the date revised on the letter. Do you guys this this will hurt my application? Any guidance in this matter is much appreciated!

I doubt it'll hurt you.  Recommendation letters are considerably less useful than toilet paper.  It's highly unlikely that your admission will hinge on the quality/quantity of your recommendation letters.  The fact that they're a little old would seem, to me, to be neither here nor there.  Your prof's recollection of your work as a student will not improve over time.

DreamBig26

• View Profile
Re: Question about old Recommendation Letters -- Help!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 10:49:25 PM »
Hmm..that makes sense. Guess I was freaking out for nothing. Thanks soo much!