Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: frustration  (Read 295 times)

staciii

• View Profile
    • Email
frustration
« on: September 30, 2011, 06:46:08 AM »
So how bad is this really going to look to law schools?

1. I have an expunged charge for shoplifting 5 years ago, 3 speeding tickets, and numerous parking tickets
2. My freshman year I got in trouble for a student turning in a participation assignment I wasn't actually present for

My gpa isnt the greatest but it has an upward trend. My LSAT is only average, but I'm being realistic about what schools I actually have a chance of getting into.  I felt confident about getting into the schools I'm applying to, but now with having to disclose everything..

What do you guys think?

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: frustration
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 08:12:02 AM »

1. I have an expunged charge for shoplifting 5 years ago, 3 speeding tickets, and numerous parking tickets
2. My freshman year I got in trouble for a student turning in a participation assignment I wasn't actually present for

My gpa isnt the greatest but it has an upward trend. My LSAT is only average, but I'm being realistic about what schools I actually have a chance of getting into.  I felt confident about getting into the schools I'm applying to, but now with having to disclose everything..

What do you guys think?

Personally?  I think you're pushing it, but you're fine.  Just divulge and let the chips fall where they may.

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: frustration
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 08:39:08 AM »
1.  Speeding and parking tickets, largely irrelevent.  Expunged?  If you were a minor and it's expunged, again, may be irrelevent b/c is may be as though it never happened.  Disclose what they ask, do not disclose more than what is being asked.  If there is a question in your mind, call the school and ask how you should answer the question.
2.  "in trouble" will matter if there was official action taken by university and it's on your record.  What you mean by "in trouble" is relevent.

GPA, trend does not matter, final number on GPA and LSAT are what counts.

I've said it a hundred times - I think anyone who is marginal about law school should SERIOUSLY rethink the decision to attend anyway.  Especially if they are paying full price at a low T2 or a T3/4.

If you have not dreamed of being a lawyer, or know in your heart that you truly want to be a lawyer, rethink the decision to even go to law school.

What do you guys think?