Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Easily confused topics/words  (Read 1848 times)

gottajiboo

• View Profile
    • Email
Easily confused topics/words
« on: September 29, 2011, 04:35:44 PM »
I'm taking the October 1st LSAT, and the reality that studying will finally be over is surely starting to hit.

Just out of curiosity can anyone think of any easily confused LSAT topics? The wording of this question isn't exactly correct, so I'll list a few examples as to what I'm talking about below.

The LSAT has preyed upon..

Confusing the number of accidents with the number of injuries.

Or, confusing the amount of calories with the amount of fat.

Or income with wealth.

The subtle differences are difficult to notice when you first starting taking LSAT tests. I am just wondering if anyone can think of any other subtle and easily confused words that they've noticed recurrently appearing on exams?

Thanks!

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: Easily confused topics/words
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 07:48:41 AM »
october test be hardest ever.

Jeffort

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Discussion - Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question Type Finder Utility
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 05:10:21 PM »
Hi gottajiboo,

Although there are too many variations of words to give you a list, you bring up a good point: a lot of points can be had or missed on the LSAT by just being sensitive to words.

Before you mark your right answer, make sure its scope and direction matches the question's and passages'.

Best of luck.

Let us know how it goes.

Are you sure you are qualified to be an LSAT teacher or tutor?  This is another duh obvious -this dude has no clue about what he is talking about concerning the LSAT- post from you.  It demonstrates major reading comprehension failure and lack of simple knowledge about basics of the LSAT including ignorance of the ground level basics regarding dates when it is administered.

The user you responded to was scheduled to take the October 2011 LSAT two days after posting this thread.  The US/Canada regions December 2011 LSAT was administered last weekend December 3rd and Monday December 5th for Saturday sabbath observers.  The saying "A day late and a dollar short" is far to generous to describe you. 

Please learn something about the LSAT before continuing to try to sell tutoring/preparation services to students. 
You should start here:  http://www.lsac.org/JD/LSAT/about-the-LSAT.asp

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 03:34:37 PM »
oh my.

Jeffort

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 09:57:47 AM »
oh my.

Have to give him a little credit though, he deleted his foolish spam post in this thread.  Hopefully he'll change his username to something other than 'Win'

IrrX

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 02:23:57 PM »
oh my.

Have to give him a little credit though, he deleted his foolish spam post in this thread.  Hopefully he'll change his username to something other than 'Win'

He didn't delete it. I did.
Note: Insults made by me apply to everything associated with the people and ideas being insulted, except for other people.

Quote from: IamAnXMan
IRRX, it seems you enjoy provocation and antagonism.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 06:52:11 PM »
oh my.

Jeffort

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 06:11:28 PM »
oh my.

Julie, I know you could have come up with something better and that rhymes in this thread than another "oh my". I'm disappointed. 

PS:  Site owner Andrew Sinclair did something to the board that ate the avatars of many older user accounts.  You, IrrX and other LSD long time regulars need to re-upload your avatars. 

IrrX

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 11:53:49 PM »
Tried uploading it again and it said the file size was too big, so I'm not going to bother with it.
Note: Insults made by me apply to everything associated with the people and ideas being insulted, except for other people.

Quote from: IamAnXMan
IRRX, it seems you enjoy provocation and antagonism.

just some guy

• Sr. Citizen
  • WARNING: May Contain Troll or Flame-like Substance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 07:53:34 PM »
Is there anything left to this place?
I have courted the fire for a very long time, and many sparks have flown in the past, but [this post] speaks, finally, the language of the flame itself.
with apologies to Keith Jarret