Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: A great read for your free time (if you can find some)!  (Read 1158 times)

DUGirl

• View Profile
A great read for your free time (if you can find some)!
« on: September 26, 2011, 11:27:36 PM »
I took a chance on this crime novel over the summer and was really glad I did, so I wanted to share it with all of you. D.A. Diaries by Kenneth Eichner was a sexy, insane look at the criminal justice system. In my opinion, it blows the lid off the genre.

It is about a homicide prosecutor (Clay) who is assigned to a high-profile case in D.C. As the case at hand becomes more complex, so does Clay's life and there are some truly insane twists and turns. The bit of humor mixed with the crazy storyline sucked me in, which is difficult to do.

Eichner, the author, is a former prosecutor himself so it was really interesting to keep that in mind as I read the book. It is apparent that he has a great deal of experience as well as a good sense of humor, so those together made the book a great (and somewhat educational) read. I highly recommend it and if you do get a chance to read it let me know what you think!   

lisa_hyden

• In matters of conscience, the law of the majority
    • View Profile
    • Nyc Injury Attorney
Re: A great read for your free time (if you can find some)!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 06:41:27 AM »
Oh yeah that's perfectly right. It's fun to go through such crime novels by experienced writers. From your enthusiasm it's clear how much you enjoyed the read. I'll want to go through it as soon as possible and share my experience with you.

erickagrimes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 08:31:18 AM »
Anyone here who like reading Jodie Picoult novels? It's mostly family dramas, and often includes medical/legal ethical problems.

CWFirm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 03:49:59 PM »
Anyone here who like reading Jodie Picoult novels? It's mostly family dramas, and often includes medical/legal ethical problems.

Haven't read any myself, but know quite a few women who are madly obsessed with her.

retes23

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - retes23
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 10:49:59 PM »

I've read Jodi Picoult's Sing you Home. I love the plot. The characters were thrown into situations and decisions for which they were unprepared. The author has really done a great job with the characters.