Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Post-LSAT Class Advice???  (Read 584 times)

Ruhling24/7

• View Profile
Post-LSAT Class Advice???
« on: September 23, 2011, 06:19:44 PM »
Hey everyone, I really really need some help/advice with respect to prepping on my own following the completion of an LSAT class.

I just finished the course and have October and November to prep before the December exam. We had 4 PTs throughout the course. I received the following scores: 142(diagnostic), 150, 149 and 153.LG and RC have been clicking for me lately, so I am not as concerned about these areas. It's the LR that has been crushing my performance. There are times when I get anywhere from -7 to -13 and I feel its the lack of concentration hurting my performance there. I just cannot seem to focus!! Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how have you overcome it??

What would you all suggest/advise for the next two months? Take as many PTs as possible? Should I start out doing sections individually to build up stamina? As you can see, I really need some direction.  how did you go about prepping on your own??

I would really appreciate any input, thank you!

Rastajacob

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Post-LSAT Class Advice???
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 08:27:04 PM »
What prep course did you just finish? Yes, PE until you get tired...I'm surprised that you finished so soo. I plan on finishing my prep in November and taking like 30 PE's or so before December

Ruhling24/7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 12:06:06 PM »
I took a Powerscore class leading up to the October exam for next week. I knew I wouldn't be completely ready after just two months. That is why I'm taking the December 2011 exam.

I will probably take around 20-30 PTs as well. I've just really been struggling with LR. I'm pretty accurate when I do sets of questions based on specific types but struggle once timed. I feel like I get bogged down often and just constantly re-read the stimulus/answer choices.

What course are you taking?

Ogden Law

• View Profile
    • Ogden Bankruptcy
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 11:39:09 PM »
Do what I did.  Lock yourself in a room every day and take a practice test.  Do some timed and some not timed.  Make sure that you review all of your answers to understand why you got something wrong.  You have a lot of time before the test.  You score will improve if you practice.