Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Am I ready for October 1st? Should I withdraw Reg?  (Read 767 times)

L1T3STR1K3

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Am I ready for October 1st? Should I withdraw Reg?
« on: September 22, 2011, 08:43:07 PM »
Hey everyone.  I'm having a big dilemma and had no where else to turn for advice. (I've been a lurker here for a while, but never joined / posted)

I cant decide whether to withdraw from the October 1st and wait till December, or just take it.

My PT scores have been averaging in the low to mid 160's, (started with a 153 about a month ago). 

I started studying really late and my goal is to get a 165, which is out of the question for October, although I would be fine with a 160, and then retake for a 165 in December after I have some real time to practice.

the problem is, I just made a 156 on a PT, basically a week before the real deal.  So now I'm like what do I do???

I don't wanna take October if I don't feel very confident that I wont score below 160, which I did until this last low PT.

Any advice would be greaaaatly appreciated!


L1T3STR1K3

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Am I ready for October 1st? Should I withdraw Reg?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 10:04:49 PM »
No this would be my first time, the 153 was just my intial diag. a month ago.

It just seems like it would be better to keep studying and have a better shot at a 160-165 the first time in decemeber, instead of getting like a 157 or so now and then having two scores (retaking in december)

thoughts?

no1ustad

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Am I ready for October 1st? Should I withdraw Reg?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 08:02:49 PM »
i would say wait. if you think you can do better, which it seems like you think you can, then you should do so in December. some schools don't look negatively at multiple tests, other schools do.;

FalconJimmy

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 684
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Am I ready for October 1st? Should I withdraw Reg?
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 08:37:16 PM »
My advice:  wait and get the highest possible score.  The amount of scholarship money out there is staggerring.  If I knew then what I know now, I'd have put in more effort into getting a stellar LSAT.  Might have gotten me a full ride instead of half.