Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Which LSAT Should I Take & Other Factors to Get Me Into UT?  (Read 440 times)

TheWizardOfOz

• View Profile
Which LSAT Should I Take & Other Factors to Get Me Into UT?
« on: September 14, 2011, 11:16:16 PM »
A little background about myself. I am a non-URM, CPA here in Texas and have recently decided I HATE my career path and am looking to go to law school in 2012. I am a little late to the party, but I feel that the LSAT is right in my wheelhouse. My GPA is an underwhelming 3.34 and I just took my first practice LSAT today without studying and got a 160 on the '01 June exam. I know that I will need to boost my LSAT by at least 10 points to have a decent shot at being in Austin next fall, but how much of a factor is when I sit for the LSAT & consequently when I submit my application? Let me throw this hypothetical situation at y'all:

Scenario 1) I study for about 10 hours a day for the next two months and am able to pull off a 170 on the October LSAT and at the latest I apply before Thanksgiving.

Scenario 2) I study hardcore up until the December exam and pull off a 175, is the later application date worth the sacrifice of earning 5 extra points on my LSAT?

I acknowledge that a 10 point increase is a bit much to expect in two weeks, but say that it's attainable -- which scenario is best for me?