Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cooley Student Seeking Transfer  (Read 2582 times)

justanothersucker

Re: Cooley Student Seeking Transfer
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 07:00:25 PM »
People post to get feedback. If no one "cared what others are doing" the board would be dead and not just near dead as it is.
If people don't want people to see (and/or comment) on your dirty laundry, they shouldn't hang it out to dry in the front yard. 

Why do so many people enroll somewhere that they feel they are too good for months into it?

Why didn't you just wait untill you got into a school you wanted to be in?

People cry non stop about student debt and then want to walk into more of it.

See, it's comments like these that don't make any sense.  Why are you so concerned about what other people choose to do?  This blog originated from a person who was at Cooley who WANTED to seek transfer to another school.  While you're entitled to your opinion, why be concerned with someone else's debt/money?  Cooley is not a bad school...I'm not knocking it.  But the bottom line is that it's a school with a lot of baggage.  Some people graduate from Cooley and do great.  Some don't.  But if you have the opportunity to go to a school with a better reputation than Cooley, why hate on that student?  Reputation is all an attorney has out here in the real world and getting that first job is going to be tough in this economy.  Whatever a student can do to make themselves more competitive they should do.

justanothersucker

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 07:03:16 PM »
Ok, decent article (for yahoo standards anyways)

How is that applicable though? It in no way even implies (let alone prove) the employment difference between schools for grads.
People here admit all the time that their undergrad turned out to mean squat as far as title went, so what proof do you have that the emploment situation will be better if she transfers vs if she does not?

Debt is real but to be in debt and not be able to find a job in a tight economy is even worse.  Not to mention the questions a Cooley student or any other law school student involved in litigation has to face about why your school got sued...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/law-grads-sue-school-degree-indentured-servitude-205815018.html

Transferring schools isn't a crime...people start at many law schools for many different reasons and find it appropriate to transfer.  You paid the tuition...you paid for your grades.  If you think it's in your best interest to get out of Michigan and change schools, DO IT.  But definitely consider what region of the country you want to be in before you do anything.  Top 100 law schools in U.S. News & World Report, unfortunately, is given a lot of credibility by people in the legal field so keep that in mind as well.  No one can tell you what's good for you but YOU.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 02:38:01 PM »
You're getting better sucker.  You almost made a cohesive argument.  Kind of blew it with the whole "prove" the obvious thing, but otherwise- nicely done.  Go Cooley.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

justanothersucker

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 02:42:25 PM »
wow. How is obvious? What lawfirms do you work in? Please go on.

You're getting better sucker.  You almost made a cohesive argument.  Kind of blew it with the whole "prove" the obvious thing, but otherwise- nicely done.  Go Cooley.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 03:02:00 PM »
And, back to the illogical incoherence. 
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

justanothersucker

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 04:07:30 PM »
direct questions. If you can't answer, it's on you. I can't break this one down for any more than it is.
Sometimes you have to pull the paste out of your own damn mouth junior.

And, back to the illogical incoherence.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 05:13:04 PM »
Paste tastes good, daddy.  You should try it before you knock it.

P.S.- direct is boring. Wild and absolute generalizations = dumb f.uck thinking.  Example: Thinking Freud is a fool only because he "smoked crack" (your foolish words), not based on anything he said or argued.  If you can even understand. Prolly not- its ok, just focus on the pretty red ball.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 05:15:14 PM »
Sorry, btw OP, for using your thread to mess with this fool.  You might know him at Cooley, I hope he is at least pretty.

justanothersucker

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 09:12:25 PM »
so the counter argument is that it is a good idea to listen to crackheads who want to bang their mom and get orgasms pooping?

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2011, 12:40:58 AM »
And, more wild and irrelevant assumptions condemning unrelated things.  Meh, I guess it makes the world a simpler place for you, albeit a convoluted one.

You don't orgasm when you poop?  Poor guy.