Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: FYLSE Essays Returned  (Read 613 times)

InterAlia1961

• When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
    • View Profile
    • The Daily Defacto
    • Email
FYLSE Essays Returned
« on: September 07, 2011, 04:49:09 PM »
They came yesterday. I'm still in shock. I knew I didn't pass, but seeing the blue, yellow, pink, and green covers really drove it home. Even worse, when I read my essays, I was absolutely humiliated. Who wrote that garbage? Me. That's who. And I am just stunned. How did that happen? Not only am I shocked at my answers, I'm not happy with my writing. (I'm employed as an editor/staff writer at a magazine publishing company.) It was horrible. I knew I was apprehensive about flying to California and taking the exam, but from the looks of things, I totally freaked out. I'm seriously thinking about getting hypnotized. Don't laugh.
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.' ~Arthur Clarke

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: FYLSE Essays Returned
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 06:48:11 AM »
Don't be so hard on yourself.  Magazine article writing is very, very different from law school essays.  The two different formats are on opposite poles. Legal memorandums and law school essays are not composed in intro, body, conclusion structures.
Angie