Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What am I thinking!!!  (Read 318 times)

HighPursuit

• View Profile
What am I thinking!!!
« on: August 29, 2011, 08:22:11 PM »
I wanted see if there were any former law enforcement officers that went to LS towards the end of their careers. I have been in law enforcement for close to twenty years. I was thinking of taking the LSAT very soon. I am my mid 40's and cannot decide if it is too late or if there would even be a place for me upon completion of LS. Any information from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

IrrX

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
Re: What am I thinking!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 11:23:28 AM »
I've only known one cop who decided to go to law school, and quit after 1L summer. Once she got a taste of what she would be doing as a lawyer, she realized she would be going from a career where she does a lot of paperwork because of stupid people to a career where she'd be doing an even greater amount of paperwork because of stupid people.

But if you really want to do it, your age and your previous career will neither help nor hinder your admission to law school. It's almost all in the numbers. Though I'm sure you'll be able to come up with a pretty compelling personal statement to go with your applications.
Note: Insults made by me apply to everything associated with the people and ideas being insulted, except for other people.

Quote from: IamAnXMan
IRRX, it seems you enjoy provocation and antagonism.

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What am I thinking!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 08:40:33 PM »
Go for it, man.  I'm older than you and I'm loving it!