Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I Failed the Baby Bar, and It's Casey Anthony's Fault  (Read 3153 times)

like_lasagna

• View Profile
Re: I Failed the Baby Bar, and It's Casey Anthony's Fault
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 03:45:07 AM »
The FYLSE is an unfair exam because you are given 12 months to internalize concepts that really take more than a year to remember. 

plenty of people pass the bar by taking barbri and learning about things they had never heard of

and it's much less than 12 months of prep

lawyerintraining

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 07:11:46 AM »
The FYLSE is an unfair exam because you are given 12 months to internalize concepts that really take more than a year to remember. 

plenty of people pass the bar by taking barbri and learning about things they had never heard of

and it's much less than 12 months of prep

Yeah, but in all fairness that's AFTER THREE YEARS of lawschool(vs the one) too.

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 06:34:29 PM »
Most online law schools are not using Barbri.  They are taking the brick and mortar law school model of case briefing and discussion and are applying it to teaching contract, criminal law, and tort theory.  The average beginning online law school student assumes that by following the online law school method, he or she will pass the FYLSE.  Notice that the person who passed the FYLSE did not depend heavily on Concord law school's model.  He focused primarily on the test itself. 

The FYLSE system is unfair because you cannot pass it the first time by following the brick and mortar law school model.  If online law schools focused only on multiple choice questions and writing essays, 80 percent of all test takers would pass the FYLSE.

Angie